Santa Fe, New Mexico (PRWEB) December 22, 2012
Opera music comes early to Santa Fe, NM, starting in 2013 when The Lensic and The Santa Fe Opera bring live opera to the big screen via satellite feed with Met Opera: Live in HD – Maria Stuarda. Mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Director David McVicar turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts. Both organizations are companies listed on the the SantaFe.com business directory.
Buy tickets three different ways as follows:
1. Buy them on-line
2. Call (505) 988-1234
Box office representatives are happy to assist you.
3. Stop By The Lensic
211 W. San Francisco St., Santa Fe, NM
About The Lensic:
The Lensic Performing Arts Center opened as a nonprofit in 2001 following the restoration of the Lensic Theater, a cornerstone of downtown Santa Fe since 1931.
- Serves as a national model for a sustainable arts center—with its focus on performance, education and community programs.
- Presents over 200 eclectic performances year-round, at affordable prices, delivering outstanding local, national and international talent.
- Enriches public education by bringing more than 10,000 school children to the theater annually to see free performances of music, storytelling and dance.
- Subsidizes local arts organizations, like the Santa Fe Concert Association, Santa Fe Symphony and Santa Fe Pro Musica by covering half of the rental fee for each group that uses the theater.
- Offers its facilities to local nonprofits for free, or at a nominal cost, helping more than 160 organizations raise $1.7 million over 10 years.
- Delivers best-in-class technical support capable of serving world-class organizations from traveling Broadway shows to the Moscow Ballet.
- Sponsors a technical internship and scholarship program to train Northern New Mexico high school students in theatrical arts.
- Serves as a home to the nonprofit Tickets Santa Fe, a community box office serving more than 35 organizations and venues.
About The Santa Fe Opera:
From the unlikeliest of beginnings—an opera company located hundreds of miles from any major city, featuring American singers in a wide-ranging and challenging repertory, and treating theatrical and musical values as equally important in its productions—The Santa Fe Opera has grown to become recognized as one of the world's leading cultural festivals.
SantaFe.com provides locals and visitors to Santa Fe alike the most current interactive platform for events, music, arts, business, dining and lifestyle. SantaFe.com is a division of Hutton Broadcasting, located at 2502 C. Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87507
SantaFe.com / Hutton Broadcasting
(505) 471-1067 (Media inquiries only, please)