In today’s business environment, leading by the power of your position is no longer enough. These key leadership strategies will help you make a bigger difference in your organization and ultimately increase your business results.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 27, 2012
Leadership is a skill, and it can be learned. The qualities of a successful leader can be developed, and the best leaders never stop growing. The following key areas of focus can help you improve your leadership skills in 2013.
1. Vision — To lead, someone must follow. To follow, they want to know where they are going first. Are they inspired by your vision and motivated to help you realize it?
2. Awareness — Awareness of what’s happening right now is critical to successful leadership, from awareness of yourself, others, your team, your organization, and your environment.
3. Integrity — People want to follow someone they can count on and believe in. Integrity leads to trust, respect, and credibility. Are you true to yourself and your team?
4. Leading Yourself First — If you know how to lead yourself, you’ll know what it will take to inspire, motivate, and encourage others.
5. Influence — Ultimately, leadership is influence. We all influence each other, every day, one way or another. Are you influencing others in the direction of your vision?
6. Attitude — Attitudes are contagious. Whatever situation comes your way, you have a choice about how you will respond. Do you take full responsibility for your attitude?
7. Evolving — Leaders create positive change. You don’t always have to be the innovator, but it’s important to recognize and support good ideas. Are you challenging the status quo?
8. Learning —Successful leaders never stop learning, especially from their mistakes. Learning requires keeping an open mind, listening, and exploring. What are you learning right now?
9. Connecting — When you encourage others and show you care about them, you draw them forward even when they face challenges and obstacles.
10. Empower Others — Great leaders unleash the leader within each person and liberate them to use their own power. We all want to know that we make a difference. How are you empowering and serving others? What can you do to help them be their best?
“In today’s business environment, leading by the power of your position is no longer enough,” says Sonya Shelton. “These key leadership strategies will help you make a bigger difference in your organization and ultimately increase your business results.”
For more leadership consulting expertise, visit http://executiveleader.com/.
About Executive Leadership Consulting:
As an international leadership speaker and consultant, Sonya Shelton is the founder and CEO of Executive Leadership Consulting. She has also authored the book ‘You’re an Executive, But Are You a Leader?’ and shows managers and executives how to increase leadership effectiveness so they can boost their professional and business results. With over 25 years of experience in corporate leadership roles herself, Sonya has worked as an executive coach and consultant with companies around the world from start-ups to Fortune 100 corporations, including Disney, Nestlé, and Microsoft. For more information, please visit: http://executiveleader.com/.