San Dieg, CA (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
WHAT: Eighty percent of dogs and seventy percent of cats show signs of oral health disease by age three. In honor of February’s National Pet Dental Health, Petco™ is helping proactive pet parents take care of their dog or cat’s dental health by providing free oral health seminars. The event, which is sponsored by Greenies, NutriDent and TropiClean, will demonstrate how to prevent dental plaque and tartar with daily home care. In addition, qualified Petco employees will teach pet parents about the importance of oral health, as well as provide free dental care information that will keep pets smiling from ear to ear.
A regular oral health routine for your pet includes:
- Pets should have veterinary dental visits and may need teeth cleanings at least once a year.
- Dental brushing at home, as advised by your vet, helps promote healthy teeth and gums. Never use human toothpaste, as it is toxic for pets. Petco Certified Nutrition experts can help pet parents determine which products are best to prevent disease.
- Dental chews fight tarter, buildup, and plaque, freshen breath and health maintain healthier teeth and gums.
- Bad breath, bleeding gums or oral sensitivity may signal a problem. Contact your vet immediately if you suspect your pet may have oral health issues.
WHEN: February 11-12, 2012 from 1-2 p.m.
WHERE: All Petco locations nationwide. Call your local Petco for more information.
· Petco staff teaching consumers the importance of oral health
· Photos of owners and their pets mingling together
· Interviews with Petco representatives on oral health tips
· Interviews with pet owners and the oral health of their pets