New York City, NY (PRWEB) February 02, 2012
A group of industry leaders in the fields of lifestyle, sports and entertainment marketing today announced the acquisition of Miami Marketing Group and the launch of Engine Shop, an experiential marketing agency that blends branded marquee events with digital, social and mobile extensions to create deeper and broader engagement between brands and consumers.
The announcement was made in Indianapolis ahead of Super Bowl XLVI, where Engine Shop (http://www.engineshopagency.com) is involved in two of the weekend’s top events: the annual ESPN’s NEXT party and the DIRECTV Celebrity Beach Bowl.
“The worlds of experiential marketing and digital engagement are now forever intertwined,” said Brian Gordon, chief executive officer and principal of Engine Shop. “Whether brands are creating experiences around major events like the Super Bowl, New York Fashion Week and the Ultra Music Festival or executing a brand launch event or a 20 market tour - we believe digital, mobile and social media extensions are absolutely critical. Simply building an experience or putting on a concert no longer moves the needle.”
Engine Shop’s partnership group brings a diverse collection of expertise in building the world’s largest brands through sports and entertainment marketing.
- Gordon, CEO, is a pioneer in building nightlife and lifestyle-driven experiential programs around major consumer events.
- Ryan Schinman, a principal in Engine Shop and chairman of Platinum Rye Entertainment, is the world's largest broker of celebrities, musicians and athletes for Fortune 100 brands.
- Ed Kiernan, president, has run sports marketing organizations and corporate consulting practices, represented athletes, managed global events, and negotiated contracts for sports and entertainment properties.
- Chris Handy, chief operating officer, has executed legal and marketing operations for professional sports teams, stadiums, national sports associations, and global companies through joint ventures, events, celebrity endorsement and media-focused branding.
- Nick Hines and David Wilson – each of whom previously launched major brands and extensions through sports and entertainment events at Miami Marketing Group – will serve as executive vice presidents and general managers of the New York City and Miami Beach offices, respectively.
Engine Shop has strategic partnerships with several organizations including DeBartolo Sports & Events, a company owned by former San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. The agency also has unique partnerships with several digital and mobile platforms including UNATION, an event driven social media network; EngageMe and QWiPS, which infuses social media communication with voice tagging.
“The breadth and depth of their relationships coupled with their expertise and experience allows for extensions across the sports, lifestyle and entertainment marketing channels,” said Brian Kopp, president of DeBartolo Sports & Events. “We’ve been overwhelmed by the creativity of the management group and look forward to a continued partnership on both short and long range opportunities.”
At launch, Engine Shop’s client list includes ESPN, GMC, DIRECTV, Johnson & Johnson, SoBe, Best Buy, Corona, AT&T Adworks, Pernod Ricard (Absolut) and Panache (Wodka Vodka), as well as the Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Fontainebleau Hotel.
Miami Marketing Group (MMG) was co-founded by Gordon in 2004 and quickly became an industry leader in building brand marketing platforms at marquee events such as the Super Bowl, MTV Video Music Awards, Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and ESPY Awards, as well as assisting brands leverage the sports and entertainment worlds for proprietary events and tours. Gordon will remain a partner in MMG Nightlife and continue to operate LIV Nightclub and Arkadia Lounge at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami, LIV Sunlife Stadium, as well as Oro at the new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
About Engine Shop
Engine Shop is an experiential sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing agency that specializes in creating and producing integrated event-based programs for its clients while focusing on digital, social and mobile extensions to create deeper and broader engagement between brands and consumers. The agency has offices in New York and Miami Beach.
Engine Shop – New York
40 West 23rd Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010
Engine Shop – Miami
1000 Lincoln Road, Suite 206
Miami Beach, FL 33139