Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner.
Stafford Springs, CT (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
The Super Bowl is one of the biggest days of the year for parties. Whether it’s a family event or an outing with friends, many Connecticut residents are likely gearing up for some type of Super Bowl viewing party on February 5. While watching the home team make it to playoffs is exciting, the team at Paradiso Insurance wants to ensure that all of its clients who plan on hosting Super Bowl gatherings are covered against the many potential risks that are associated with these parties and that could easily lead to claims on residents’ Connecticut homeowners insurance policies.
Paradiso Insurance would like all of its clients and fellow New England residents to consider taking the following precautions in order to avoid claims on their Connecticut homeowners insurance policies this Super Bowl Sunday:
- When planning the party, be sure to avoid foods that young guests could easily choke on such as nuts, hard candy, grapes and popcorn.
- In addition, be aware of any food allergies that guests may have.
- Don’t leave food on the cooking range since this can easily lead to a house fire. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires.
- Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner. Therefore, party hosts should ensure that none of their guests drive home after they have consumed alcohol.
- Ensure that particularly valuable items like big screen TVs and laptops are covered by the home’s insurance policy. This way, homeowners will be able to replace these possessions if they are damaged by an overenthusiastic fan.
The team at Paradiso Insurance wants all New England fans to be able to enjoy themselves on Super Bowl Sunday, regardless of what their plans for celebration may be. However, when it comes to potential Connecticut homeowners insurance claims, it’s better to be safe than sorry by taking the necessary steps to prevent possible accidents.
About Paradiso Insurance:
Paradiso Insurance has more than 11 years of experience providing insurance solutions and financial services to residents and businesses in the Connecticut area. Our agency carries all lines of insurance — notably commercial, home, auto, investments and Connecticut life insurance. Whether you're looking to purchase insurance for the first time or simply want to re-evaluate your coverage, Paradiso Insurance will be there for you.