Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) February 02, 2012
The American Subcontractors Association, Inc. (ASA), a national trade association of construction subcontractors, specialty trade contractors and suppliers, and the Ironworker Management Progressive Action Cooperative Trust (IMPACT), a joint cooperative trust that brings together Ironworkers and signatory contractors, signed a partnering agreement on Jan. 30 in Las Vegas.
“We look forward to the opportunities that our partnering agreement with ASA creates to collectively address many of the challenges that face the construction industry,” said Walter Wise, General President of the Iron Workers International Union and Labor Co-Chair of IMPACT.
“The construction industry will benefit from expanded cooperation, the sharing of knowledge and regular contacts between ASA and IMPACT,” said 2011-12 ASA Vice President Walter Bazan Jr., Bazan Painting Company, St. Louis, Mo. “Our organizations have lessons to share about managing construction firms and promoting the construction industry in today’s tough economic environment. This partnership represents an opportunity to spread that knowledge in a way that our organizations can’t do alone.”
ASA and IMPACT agree to work together to:
- Create an environment to foster a sustained, meaningful dialogue among the leaders, members and staff of the respective organizations.
- Provide mutual assistance and cooperation in appropriate circumstances.
- Raise awareness of the value of each organization with the other’s leaders, members and staff.
- Identify shared interests, needs and concerns on a regular basis.
- Identify specific resources, appropriate communication pathways, and key volunteer and staff contacts on a regular basis.
- Appoint representatives to serve on joint initiatives and task forces.
- Exchange materials and information and provide educational opportunities tailored to identified interests, needs and concerns.
- Conduct regular meetings among the respective leaders of the organizations to review and to refresh the partnering relationship and to assess its effectiveness and direction.
The Ironworker Management Progressive Action Cooperative Trust (http://www.impact-net.org) was formed in 2003 under Section 302(c) 9 of the Labor-Management Relations (Taft-Hartley) Act. IMPACT’s mission is to expand job opportunities for union ironworkers and their signatory contractors through progressive and innovative labor-management programs, training and safety. IMPACT is governed by a 26-member Board of Trustees. Each of IMPACT’s 13 regions is represented by one labor trustee and one management trustee.
Founded in 1966, ASA (http://www.asaonline.com) amplifies the voice of, and leads, trade contractors to improve the business environment for the construction industry and to serve as a steward for the community. ASA’s vision is to be the united voice dedicated to improving the business environment in the construction industry. The ideals and beliefs of ASA are ethical and equitable business practices, quality construction, a safe and healthy work environment, and integrity and membership diversity.