The LOVE Aquatic Sweepstakes highlights a sampling of some of the best on-the-water Virginia experiences.
Richmond, VA (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
The Virginia Tourism Corporation announces a major travel sweepstakes for 2012, LOVE Aquatic, which features four grand prize adventures for families that combine fun and learning on the water. From Atlantic beaches to woodland lakes and freshwater mountain streams, Virginia is awash in aquatic fun for families, providing experiences that connect loved ones together in memories that last a lifetime. The LOVE Aquatic Sweepstakes highlights a sampling of the best of these Virginia experiences.
Adults 21 and over can register online to win one of four aquatic adventures based in Norfolk, Smith Mountain Lake, the Tides Inn and Richmond by visiting http://www.Virginia.org/sweeps. Drawings will be held March 16, May 11, June 15 and August 10.
Each of the four prize packages is for a family of four and includes airfare, rental car, overnight lodging, cash card, admission to attractions and a specific aquatic experience with personalized expert instruction. Highlights of each package are below:
Tall Ship Treasures of OpSail 2012:
- Four nights lodging at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
- VIP access to tall ships
- Cruises aboard the American Rover and Miss Hampton II
- VIP tour of Hampton Roads Naval Museum and nautical knot-tying lessons
Become a Skipper at Smith Mountain Lake:
- Four nights lodging at Bernard’s Landing Resort
- Pontoon boat rental for four days, complete with boating safety lessons
- Family fun pass at Bridgewater Plaza
- Dinner at Landing Restaurant and Mango’s Bar and Grill
Come Sail Away on the Chesapeake Bay:
- Four nights lodging at Tides Inn, Irvington
- Two mornings of sailing instructions (lunch provided)
- Guided kayak tour of Westmoreland State Park
- Explore nearby towns of Kilmarnock, Irvington and White Stone
First Time Fisherman Journey:
- Four nights lodging at Omni Richmond Hotel
- Five-hour river experience and fly fishing lessons on the James River
- Day at King’s Dominion Amusement Park
- Admission to Richmond attractions such as Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Maymont, Meadow Farm Museum and Science Museum of Virginia
“Virginia’s rich tradition of having fun on the water has brought families together for generations,” said Alisa Bailey, president and CEO of the Virginia Tourism Corporation. “The LOVE Aquatic sweepstakes will introduce four families to some of the best times they will ever share together, and those are the times when you really feel the love as a family.”
Registration for prizes begins January 30, 2012 at http://www.Virginia.org/sweeps. Winners will be notified after each drawing. Please see web site for details, terms and conditions.
Love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. For information on travel in Virginia please visit http://www.Virginia.org or call toll-free 1-800-VISITVA for a free 2012 Virginia Is For Lovers Travel Guide.
# # #