“We are astonished by the incredible success of our alumni who have contributed to projects being recognized for GRAMMY® Awards this year,” said Jay Noble, Director of Alumni, Full Sail University.
Winter Park, FL (PRWEB) February 01, 2012
Full Sail University is proud to announce that nine of its alumni are nominated this year for GRAMMY® Awards which air live on Sunday, February 12, 2012 on CBS. A total of 71 Full Sail University graduates worked on 52 nominated projects, spanning 38 categories including: Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Engineered Album-Classical, Best Engineered Album Non-Classical and Best Rap Song.
In addition, graduates of Full Sail University have been nominated for their work in various roles including: Composing, Engineering, Mastering, Mixing, Producing and Vocal Recording for artists such as Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Lupe Fiasco and more. Full Sail University graduates have worked on 17 GRAMMY®-award winning Album of the Year releases over the past 20 years.
Full Sail University graduates that are personally nominated at the 54th Annual GRAMMY® Awards include:
- Brad Blackwood, Mastering, Best Engineered Album-Non Classical, Paper Airplane, Alison Krauss & Union Station
- Dustin William Brower, Composer, Best Rap Song, The Show Goes On: Track From Lasers, Lupe Fiasco
- Josh Gudwin, Vocal Recording, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Jermaine “Mayne Zayne” Jackson, Producer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Joe Lambert, Mastering, Best Engineered Album-Classical, Mackey: Lonely Motel - Music From Slide, Rinde Eckert, Steven Mackey & Eighth Blackbird
- Graham Marsh, Engineer, Album of the Year, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Bruno Mars
- Corey Shoemaker, Engineer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Phil Tan, Mixing, Record of the Year, Firework: Track from Teenage Dream, Katy Perry and Mixing, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Jeff “Supa Jeff” Villanueva, Engineer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
“We are astonished by the incredible success of our alumni who have contributed to projects being recognized for GRAMMY® Awards this year,” said Jay Noble, Director of Alumni, Full Sail University. “It is with great pride that we celebrate our graduates for continuing to inspire our current students, while following their life-long career ambitions.”
For more information on the 54th Annual GRAMMY® Awards Ceremony, please visit http://www.grammy.com
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers on-campus and online Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.