Nashua, New Hampshire, USA (PRWEB) February 03, 2012
Kentico-powered site Discover Ireland features comprehensive information and listings for Irish accommodation, activities, events, tourist attractions and Irish holiday special offers. The website was redesigned by Irish digital agency Tibus.
“Tibus is delighted that Discoverireland.ie has been recognised as Global Winner of Kentico Site of the Year 2011. This site is the culmination of a lot of hard work by the teams in Tibus and our client Fáilte Ireland, the national tourism body for Ireland. The Kentico platform has been an amazing system on which to develop our end product; it has allowed us to innovate visually and technically with great support always available from the Kentico team. The feedback from site visitors and the Fáilte Ireland content team has been fantastic, with the site living up to the original vision of delivering a showcase for Ireland.” said Rick McKee, Managing Director at Tibus.
“Not only exciting graphics and a fantastic user experience make the Discover Ireland website unique and compelling. It also provides advanced features such as ‘My Discoveries’ and ‘Trip Planner’ that help visitors better plan their trips. I can clearly see why Discover Ireland is the main source of information for organising a holiday in Ireland,” said Eva Palbuchtova,” Marketing Specialist at Kentico Software. “I am proud to congratulate Tibus, along with the entire list of winners of each category, who proved their exceptional skills in delivering first-class websites.”
SDay.gr, an information source for the latest news, results, numbers, videos, interviews and commentaries from the world of sport, won in the category of Largest Site of 2011. It receives approximately 4.5-5 million page views per month and contains approx. 46.000+ unique pages. Dimitris Rakopoulos, Development Director at re|direct - cross media communication, the partner in charge of the Sday.gr site, said: “SDay.gr is about all sports in Greece! We're glad we've scored a homerun with this one. We have been working very hard to make this a successful project and this award is the cornerstone of our efforts.“
Each year, the Kentico Site of the Year contest seeks out the best Kentico CMS website implementations worldwide. Based on customer feedback 3 special categories were added this year. ‘Best Mobile Site‘, ‘Best EMS Implementation‘ and ‘Best Cloud Development‘. There were 11 different industries and 6 special categories recognized this year. Winners in 10 of the industry specific categories and 1 special category (Best Design) were selected by online voting, while the rest of the special categories and the intranet category were selected by Kentico. Kentico thanks all of the many tremendous sites that have participated in this contest.
Here is the list of Kentico Site of the Year 2011 winners:
The Global Winner
- Discover Ireland – site redesign (discoverireland.ie), implemented by Tibus, received the most votes of all the competing projects and also won in the category of the Best Travel Site.
Winners of the Special Categories
- Largest Site: SDay.gr (sday.gr) was selected as the winner with more than 4.5 million page views per month and approx. 46.000+ unique pages. This was implemented by re|direct - cross media communication, a Kentico Gold Partner.
- Best Integration: The Fox News Shop (shop.foxnews.com) won this category for its integration with the SAP ECC 6.0 interface framework. This was implemented by eCompanyStore LLC.
- Best migration from another CMS: Lakewood Continuing Care Center (http://www.lakewoodcare.org) was chosen as the winner for its successful migration from Ektron. This was implemented by Lighthouse Web Solutions, a Kentico Gold Partner.
- Best Cloud Development: Florida's Great Northwest Public Site (http://www.floridasgreatnorthwest.com) with an abundance of content is hosted on Microsoft’s Azure Cloud and the SQL Azure platform. This was implemented by Bit-Wizards.
- Best Graphic Design: Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic makeup (http://www.aacm.qld.edu.au) won in this category for its aesthetic use of Kentico CMS. This was implemented by The Famous Group.
- Best EMS Implementation: Barrett Steel (http://www.barrettsteel.com) won this category for effective usage of EMS key features, especially email marketing and customer segmentation capabilities. This is implemented by NetConstuct.
Winners in Particular Industries
- Best Community/Social Media Site: SurroundHealth, (surroundhealth.net)
Implemented by The HealthEd Academy
- Best E-Commerce Site: Purvis Beer, (http://www.purvisbeer.com.au)
Implemented by Get Started
- Best Education Site: Oxford University Press - Oxford Online Learning Zone, (primary.oolz.oupe.es)
Implemented by Obergine
- Best Financial Services Site: Kapitaalplaza, (http://www.kapitaalplaza.nl)
Implemented by Evident
- Best Government and Municipal Site: CzechTourism, (http://www.czechtourism.com)
Implemented by Sprinx Systems a.s.
- Best Healthcare Site: Sleep Disorder Center, (http://www.sleep-ksu.net)
Implemented by nord
- Best Non Profit Organization Site: San Francisco Opera, (sfopera.com)
Implemented by San Francisco Opera
- Best Travel Site: Discover Ireland – site redesign, (discoverireland.ie)
Implemented by Tibus
- Other: Chiquita, (http://www.chiquita.com)
Implemented by WD Partners
- Best Intranet: IMG Models,
Implemented by Bit-Wizards
- Best Mobile Site: Immortals Movie Mobile App, (immortalsmovie.mobi)
Implemented by Seventyeight Digital
More information about the contest is available at: http://www.kentico.com/Customers/Site-of-the-Year/Site-of-the-Year-2011
About Kentico CMS
Kentico CMS is an affordable Web Content Management and Customer Experience Management solution providing a complete set of features for building websites, community sites, intranets and on-line stores on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform. It supports WYSIWYG editing, workflows, multiple languages, full-text search, SEO, on-line forms, image galleries, forums, groups, blogs, polls, media libraries and is shipped with 330+ configurable Web parts. It’s currently used by more than 12,000 websites in 87 countries. The clients include Microsoft, McDonald's, Vodafone, O2, Brussels Airlines, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Samsung, Gibson, ESPN, Guinness, DKNY, Abbott Labs, Medibank, Ireland.ie and others.
About Kentico Software
Kentico Software (http://www.kentico.com) helps clients create professional websites, online stores, community sites and intranets using Kentico CMS for ASP.NET. It's committed to deliver a full-featured, enterprise-class, stable and scalable Web Content Management solution on the Microsoft .NET platform. Founded in 2004, Kentico is headquartered in the Czech Republic and has offices in the United States (Nashua, NH and Seattle, WA) and United Kingdom (Reading area). Since its inception, Kentico has continued to rapidly expand the Kentico CMS user base worldwide. Kentico Software is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. In 2010, Kentico was named the fastest growing technology company in the Czech Republic in the Deloitte Technology FAST 50 awards.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.