San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) February 02, 2012
Valentine’s Day conjures up thoughts of romance and extravagance – and why not? The team at Viator.com – the leading resource for researching and booking more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries – has dipped into their savory selection of chocolate and champagne experiences to offer sweet Valentine’s suggestions for Cupid’s army. And, the love doesn’t have to stop on February 14th as the splendor of these selections can be enjoyed year-round.
Better than a Box of Chocolates
Experiencing a destination through its favorite sweet confections is a perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day or any day and more creative than the traditional box of chocolates.
- Likely to sell out, the Paris Chocolate and Pastry Food Tour combines a passion for sweet Parisian delicacies with a passion for Paris.
- The Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop explores the city’s history through its love of chocolate, and includes a hands-on workshop with a ‘Master Chocolatier.’
- From traditional Italian cold-cuts to the sweetest solid chocolate, the Private Tour: Gourmet Walking Tour of Bologna - Pasta, Mortadella and Chocolate savors the history of Bologna.
- Whether bon bons or fresh baked cookies, the New York City Chocolate and Dessert Tour is a tasty exploration of New York’s Upper East Side.
- From caramels to coconut cream pie, the Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle will delight the sweet tooth in any traveler.
Break Open the Bubbly
Love is certainly something to celebrate and experiences that feature the sparking specialty known as Champagne give a Valentine that extra special feeling.
- Explore the origins of this special beverage during the Champagne Region Day Trip from Paris with a visit to Moet and Chandon cellars in Epernay and the Mumm Champagne House.
- Drink in the sites like Parliament, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace during the London Eye: Champagne Experience that features skip the line access and a personal Champagne host. Proposing? Lovers can upgrade to the uber-exclusive London Eye: Romantic Private Capsule for Two with Champagne.
- Experience romance and wonder and a bit of bubbly over the Australian countryside during the Hot Air Ballooning including Champagne Breakfast from the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
- The Grand Canyon Deluxe Helicopter Tour with Champagne Picnic takes in the breathtaking views of the Canyon as well as the Las Vegas Strip capped off with a champagne toast 3,200 feet below the canyon rim.
- The San Francisco Champagne Brunch Cruise couples brunch and bubbly on the Bay with amazing sightseeing including Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
For travelers looking for something other than the indulgence of a chocolate or champagne experience, travel inspiration and ideas as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news can be found on the Viator Travel Blog as well as Viator’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Viator® is the world’s leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator– the Latin word for traveler – offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator’s in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.