New York, NY (PRWEB) February 06, 2012
Just because they don’t have beating hearts doesn’t mean vampires and those who love them don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. Scarlett Stoker, vamp, humorist and creator of http://www.DraculainDior.com, the ultimate style guide for vampires, if offering help this Valentines to all those planning to gift a friend or lover obsessed with the undead.
"Candy, flowers or lingerie just don’t say “I love you” to someone who dreams about getting bitten and living forever, says Stoker. Thanks to the success of the Twilight books (over 45 million copies sold in the US), Twilight movie series, (over $1 billion in domestic box office to date) True Blood, and the current passion for all things fangs related, America is currently in the grip of vampire-mania. Stoker predicts this Valentines Day will see a rise in "undead" related gifts, both serious and light hearted.
“Vampire lovers think heart shaped chocolates bought at the last minute in a convenience store are grounds for a break-up,” says Stoker. “Besides, the only hearts they’re interested in are the kind pumping full of blood.”
Instead, she suggests these seven gift ideas to make it a day zombies will envy.
1. A chess set. Since Edward and Bella played chess on their honeymoon in Breaking Dawn, chess is now hotter than cat videos on facebook. Because lovers can’t spend all Valentine’s Day just sparkling and kissing.
2. Martha Stewart linens to prepare any bed or coffin for a night of passion. (Martha did such a great job re-doing her spooky castle in Connecticut as an American country home, nobody knows she’s undead.)
3. Nothing says "I care" like a handbag from Hermes, Dior or Marc Jacobs. They’re good to carry a stake (for hunters) or body parts (for vampires)
4. A stylish brooch with bling. Food stains around the collar are the bain of a vampire’s existence, and the quickest fix for a bloody neckline is a well placed brooch. (See how Michelle Obama has it down to a fine art? No, that pin is not decorative.)
5. Holly Golightly is right- everything is wonderful at Tiffany’s. Give her diamonds, pearls, rubies and emeralds, just nothing silver.
6. Waterford crystal champagne flutes to celebrate. Whether the evening calls for bubbly or B negative, do it in style.
7. A perfect red lipstick makes any woman kissable and edible. Make it a blood red shade of course.
http://www.DraculainDior.com is the only humor style guide for vampires, undead obsessives and Twilight and True Blood fans. At http://www.draculaindior.com, Scarlett Stoker, a vampire fashion expert works hard to do for nightwalkers what Rachel Zoe does for the living… It’s “what not to wear” for vamps, using humans as the lesson plan.
For interviews with Scarlett regarding Valentine’s Day, please contact