Winston-Salem, NC (PRWEB) February 02, 2012
Whether looking for a light recipe to help get back on track with a healthy new year’s resolution, or for a spicy recipe to impress at the upcoming Superbowl party, Texas Pete® has home chefs covered. Chef Michael O’Donnell, corporate executive chef for TW Garner Food Company, makers of Texas Pete® Hot Sauce, recently developed new recipes to fit each need.
“To satisfy those seeking healthy fare, we’ve developed a Warm Buffalo Chicken Salad that is sure to hit the spot,” O’Donnell said. “And for the big game, our Game Day Grilled Flank Steak will add to the on-screen action.”
WARM BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD
Vinaigrette or ranch dressing 12 ounces
Texas Pete® Original hot sauce 6 ounces, divided
Vegetable oil 1 ounce
Chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper 4 pounds
Butter 2 ounces
Diced celery (1/4” dice) 1 ½ cups
Diced red onion (1/4” dice) 1 cup
Crumbled bleu cheese 8 ounces
1. Combine vinaigrette (or ranch dressing) and three ounces hot sauce. Set aside.
2. Sauté chicken tenders in oil over high heat until browned. Reduce heat to low; add remaining three ounces hot sauce and butter. Continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked to 160°. Remove from heat; drain off liquid.
3. Cool chicken slightly. Coarsely shred.
4. To make salad, toss chicken, celery and onion with hot sauce-dressing mixture. Top with bleu cheese crumbles.
5. Serve Warm Buffalo Chicken Salad over mixed greens or in a wrap sandwich.
GAME DAY GRILLED FLANK STEAK
Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce 6 ounces
Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce 12 ounces
Finely chopped garlic 1 tablespoon
Dark brown sugar ¾ cup
Fresh lime juice 2 ounces
Kosher salt 1 ½ teaspoons
Flat iron steak, flank steak or London broil 5 pounds
1. Combine all marinade ingredients.
2. Place meat in large, sealable container or bag. Add marinade and move meat around to allow marinade to coat.
3. Refrigerate 48 hours.
4. Drain meat before cooking. Discard marinade.
5. Grill to desired doneness.
For these recipes as well as dozens of others, visit the Texas Pete® Web site recipe page at http://www.TexasPeteRecipes.com.
About TW Garner Food Company (http://www.texaspete.com)
Headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, TW Garner Food Company is famous for its Texas Pete® Hot Sauce, the number three brand of hot sauce in the United States. Founded in 1929 as a maker of barbecue sauce, the company now sells a full line of hot sauces, wing sauces and seafood sauces under the Texas Pete® brand, as well as salsa and tortilla strips under the Green Mountain Gringo® brand. Texas Pete® and Green Mountain Gringo® products are sold in supermarkets, military commissaries, convenience stores and restaurants throughout the United States. In 2010, Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa was named best overall salsa by Epicurious, among 20 retail salsas that were tested.