SellMyMobile.com helps you find the best deal from the hundreds of mobile phone recycling companies out there, and our Best Price Guarantee refunds shoppers double the difference if they find a better deal elsewhere.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 10 February 2012
• Consumers recycled £2,627,912 worth of old mobile phones during January 2012, up 30% from January 2011
- BlackBerry dominates the list of most recycled handsets, as four out of the 10 most recycled phones in January 2012 were BlackBerry devices
- SellMyMobile.com saw a total of 41,009 mobile phones recycled in January 2012
- Consumers can make on average £59.58 more for their phone by using a price comparison site to find the best deal
SellMyMobile.com, the UK’s leading mobile phone recycling price comparison site, has revealed that Brits recycled more than £2.63 million worth of old mobile phones through its site during January 2012, in a bid to raise extra cash ahead of the dreaded January credit card bills.
SellMyMobile.com has seen a surge in mobile phone recycling up 30% from the same time last year, with the top 10 most recycled phones in 2011 fetching an average of £125 each. This increased to as much as £475 for the most valuable phone recycled, the Apple iPhone 4S 64GB.
BlackBerry dominates the list of most popular phones sold in January 2012, with BlackBerry handsets comprising 40% of the site’s top 10 most recycled handsets (the BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Torch 9800 and the BlackBerry Curve 8900). The iPhone 3GS 16GB and iPhone 4 16GB were the most popular phones recycled in January 2012, as people cashed in on the high resale value – perhaps after receiving newer models for Christmas.
Keir McConomy, MD for SellMyMobile.com, commented, “After an over-indulgent Christmas, it seems that the reality of January credit card bills has kicked in this year as consumers are recycling phones more than ever before in a bid to quickly get some cash when they need it most.”
“As smartphones become increasingly more popular, we’re seeing the average value of mobiles recycled go up and up – and this is only set to increase as handset innovation continues. Just by looking at the top 10 list of most recycled phones, you can see consumers are cashing in on the most valuable phones out there.”
In total, SellMyMobile.com saw 41,009 mobile phones recycled in January 2012.
Top 10 most recycled mobile handsets in the UK 01.01.12 – 31.01.12:
1. Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB (recycled value £104)
2. Apple iPhone 4 16GB (recycled value £243)
3. BlackBerryCurve 8520 (recycled value £52)
4. Apple iPhone 3G 8GB (recycled value £68)
5. BlackBerry Bold 9700 (recycled value£92.50)
6. Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (recycled value £127)
7. BlackBerry Torch 9800 (recycled value £121)
8. BlackBerry Curve 8900 (recycled value£47)
9. HTC Desire (recycled value £79)
10. HTC Wildfire (recycled value £45)
Source: SellMyMobile.com, January 2012
McConomy continues, “There are so many mobile phone recycling sites out there, and it can be difficult to know which has the best deal for your device. Our data shows that consumers who don’t shop around miss out on an average of £60, so if you’re thinking of selling on your old mobile, make sure you visit a comparison site to get the best deal. SellMyMobile.com helps you find the best deal from the hundreds of mobile phone recycling companies out there, and our Best Price Guarantee refunds shoppers double the difference if they find a better deal elsewhere.”
SellMyMobile.com is the UK’s no. 1 mobile phone recycling price comparison site. The site compares prices from all the top phone buyers in the UK to help users get the most money when selling their old mobile. SellMyMobile.com offers its customers a Best Price Guarantee; should the customer discover a higher price anywhere else, SellMyMobile.com will refund double the difference.