"We believe Doctors Express is an efficient, low-cost healthcare solution that will improve access to quality medical care throughout West Broward. Every aspect of our business will center on patient satisfaction."
Pembroke Pines, FL (PRWEB) February 04, 2012
While debate over the nation’s healthcare system continues, a board-certified family physician is teaming up with a successful international businessman, to provide a new alternative in efficient and affordable patient care. The first national urgent care franchise, Doctors Express opens in Pembroke Pines on February 3rd to eliminate long waits associated with emergency room visits and the often found challenges scheduling doctor appointments on short notice. Board-certified family physician, Dr. Avraham Uncyk, has teamed up with franchise manager Manual Perez to deliver affordable, efficient, non-emergency treatment – no appointment needed. The Doctors Express franchise system concept is already making national headlines (see USA Today article).
The Doctors Express Pembroke Pines walk-in medical center stands out from other urgent cares by offering a consistent, broad range of treatment and services on the spot. Dr. Uncyk and the medical staff will diagnose and treat illnesses and have the capabilities to x-ray and set broken bones, all under one roof. The center also has an on-site lab that gives quick test results for ailments such as mono and strep throat and will provide physical exams, drug screenings and inoculations for local employers. The lab is set up to perform many additional diagnostic tests including complete blood counts (CBC), full blood chemistry urinalysis, DOT drug tests, pregnancy tests, STD tests and many more. The average wait time to see a Doctors Express physician is only 15 – 20 minutes.
“Urgent care fills a void in the medical system, treating those cases which do not require the resources and expense of a hospital emergency room,” says Dr. Uncyk. “Patients want to be treated by experienced physicians without spending a long day in a waiting room. We believe Doctors Express is an efficient, low-cost healthcare solution that will improve access to quality medical care throughout West Broward. Every aspect of our business will center on patient/customer satisfaction.”
Currently, there are 43 Doctors Express centers up and running throughout the country. A total of 143 franchises have been awarded in 24 states and 70 will be operating by the end of 2012. The long term goal is to have 1,000 Doctors Express centers across the nation, so that a recognizable, reliable healthcare option is available wherever you travel in the U.S.
- 46 million Americans (1/6 of the population) do not have medical insurance and many do not have a primary physician of choice.
- The American Medical Association reports it takes an average of 18 days to get an appointment with an internist and 30 days for an appointment with a specialist.
- A study by the Physicians Foundation reveals the number of primary care physicians is shrinking because nearly half of our nation’s primary care doctors, including pediatricians, plan to stop practicing or reduce the number of patients they see over the next 3 years.
- The CDC attributes the increase in ER visits partly to the difficulty patients have getting an appointment with their primary physician.
The Doctors Express Difference
- All patients are handled in a single visit: initial doctor’s exam, lab work, x-rays, minor surgical procedures and in-house medication dispensing.
- Every patient is seen by an experienced physician.
- Services are affordable and most insurance, including Medicare, is accepted.
A Community Open House will be held on Saturday, February 4th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Kiss 99.9 DJ Darlene Evans will be hosting a live remote session from noon until 2:00 pm.
Join us as we celebrate our grand opening! Meet your new neighborhood doctors and staff, take a tour of the center, and stay for a chance to win a free iPad, free Nook and other giveaways. Refreshments will be served. Activities for children will be available, along with free blood pressure screenings.
About Doctors Express:
Doctors Express was founded in Baltimore in 2005 by an emergency room physician and two business executives in Towson, Maryland, seeking a more efficient, affordable and personable system for urgent care patients. Doctors Express walk-in medical centers are sweeping across the country as America’s first nationally branded urgent care centers. Doctors Express provides state-of-the-art, non-emergency treatment for acute illness, trauma and sports injuries (including minor surgical procedures) and has on-site laboratory and digital x-ray service. Pre-employment physicals, drug screening and treatment of work related injuries are also available to local employers. Visit DoctorsExpress.com.