Manchester, New Hampshire (PRWEB) February 07, 2012
Gulf Coast Multi Media today announces DVDFind 1.1 for iOS, an update to their Entertainment app that lets the user find the locations of DVD retail stores and/or DVD rental kiosks (vending machines) in either scrolling list or Google Street Map views. Touching any listing opens the link to the location's web site, allowing the user to browse through the available DVDs, Games, Blu-ray discs, and other media. The app will automatically search using the iDevice's current location or search using an address or zip code. Users can set a search radius in Preferences of any distance between 1 and 10 miles. Results are displayed almost immediately in map or list view, with listings ordered by proximity.
Whether at home, vacationing, or traveling the desire to watch a DVD can strike at any time. With widespread ownership of computers, DVD players, and laptops, movie lovers can enjoy films wherever they are. The instant solution to locations and availability is DVDFind, which can be set to locate only kiosks or both kiosks and retail stores. As the DVD rental market has changed, there are fewer stores and more kiosks. There are currently more than 28,000 Redbox kiosks and more than 11,000 Blockbuster Express kiosks in the U.S., all able to be found, along with thousands of other kiosks and retailers.
- Using your current location, find DVDs, Games, and Blu-ray discs in kiosks and retail locations within a user selectable range of 1 - 10 miles
- Perform a custom search by entering a full address or zip code
- Search for vending machine/kiosk only locations, or both kiosk and retail store locations
- From locations displayed on the map, you can see the distance to each location
- View the results in a list by distance
- From the results displayed go directly to the kiosk's website and browse the media list
- Read descriptions and reviews for the releases and watch movie trailers
- Reserve the DVDs, Games, Blu-ray discs, or other available media
- For retail location results, shop the store’s website launch in portrait orientation, the app defaults to the current location and displays the nearest retail store and/or kiosk on a street level Google Map. A button in the top tab bar brings up a scrolling list, each listing complete with name, street address, city, state, phone number, and distance accurate to one-hundredth of a mile. The vertically scrolling list displays the closest listing first and the farthest, last. Touching any listing immediately opens its website, from which the user can browse, check availability, make reservations, and watch trailers.
"While on vacation in Florida, I wanted to watch a DVD with my wife, but I didn't know where to find a kiosk," commented Don Bourque of Gulf Coast Multi Media. "That's when the idea for DVDFind came to me."
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 5 tested)
- Requires Internet connection
- 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DVDFind 1.1 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Review copies are available on request.
Purchase and Download
Based in Manchester, New Hampshire, Gulf Coast Multi Media specializes in the management of DVD Kiosks, DVD rentals, and sales. Gulf Coast Multi Media was founded in 2011 by Don Bourque. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Gulf Coast Multi Media. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.