Noyo Spanish, an innovative departure from typical flashcards and legacy vocabulary-building systems...
Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 09, 2012
Upward Mobility, a Boston-based educational software company, is pleased to announce the availability of the Noyo Spanish Language Learning app for iOS and Android tablets. The Upward Mobility team supported Noyo in the development of their new language learning apps for tablets and the application has debuted in January in the iOS and Android app stores to strong reviews.
The app is now available for the iPad and Android tablets. Noyo’s visual, interactive platform features nearly 200 custom-illustrated scenes, professional audio, and built-in assessment questions to help students learn over 1,800 Spanish vocabulary words and phrases.
“Our team did an outstanding job supporting the development of the Noyo platform,” said Upward Mobility CEO Ted Chan, “Noyo founder Mike Sullivan’s creative vision really comes through and I am pleased we were able to support them with our content development capabilities and mobile user interface expertise.”
Noyo Spanish, an innovative departure from typical flashcards and legacy vocabulary-building systems, takes the user on a virtual journey through a colorful landscape of rousing scenes. The curriculum introduces words and phrases in context to help beginning learners strengthen their Spanish vocabulary.
"Noyo Spanish could not have been launched without the help of the Team at Upward Mobility. The creativity and hard work of Ted, Micaya Clymer, and Samantha Tanzer were invaluable in getting Noyo off the ground, said Mike Sullivan, Chief Learning Officer of Noyo. "All the hardwork by our team has produced an amazing piece of educational software that is making it easy for people to begin their journey learning a new language."
Noyo links Spanish vocabulary words to entertaining images, high-quality audios, and memorable scenes and characters to provide a strong educational foundation for language learning. A talented team of graphic design artists has brought vocabulary to life with comical characters and amusing scenarios, and each word or phrase is voiced by a native Spanish speaker. Noyo Spanish offers eight targeted vocabulary units, each with its own set of assessment questions for maximally effective learning.
Features of the Noyo’s Spanish app include:
- Over 1800 vocabulary words, each reinforced by supporting audio, visual representation, and written translation
- 194 custom-illustrated scenes, packed with friendly characters and amusing scenarios
- Audio by a professional voice artist who is a native Spanish speaker
- 8 targeted units, featuring vocabulary related to Food, Travel, The City, House and Home, Seasons, Animals, School and Sports
- Built-in assessment questions at the end of each unit
- Intuitive, user-friendly navigation system
- Designed specifically for tablets, including the iPad, and Android tablets such as the Amazon Kindle Fire, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galazy, and the Asus Transformer
- Available in Spanish, with other languages including English-as-a-Second Language, French, Spanish and Portuguese coming soon for the iPad and Android tablets
Noyo is a startup headquartered in Boston, MA. It is dedicated to providing engaging, cost-effective, high-value learning language learning apps for the tablet form factor to language learners of all ages.
Upward Mobility is an award winning developer of educational mobile apps for professional training and test preparation on smartphones and tablets. Upward Mobility is also based in Boston.