The RF Code wire-free technology and RaMP provide a seamless solution for data center managers to monitor and manage environmental conditions.
St. Louis, MO and Austin, TX (PRWEB) February 09, 2012
No Limits Software and RF Code, Inc. today announced the integration of No Limits Software’s RaMP DCIM solution and RF Code’s wire-free, sensor based environmental monitoring solutions. The integrated solution enables data center managers and facility managers to improve visibility and control of the environment within the data center.
The combined solution provides users with multiple views of the data center, including status, rack utilization, average and maximum temperature, and average and maximum rack power. This information can be viewed in even greater detail at the rack level, where the user can also view temperature and power utilization at the device level.
“The RF Code wire-free technology and RaMP provide a seamless solution for data center managers to monitor and manage environmental conditions,” said Dave Cole, President of No Limits Software. “It was a natural fit because of the openness and flexibility of both products. We look forward to working with RF Code on other asset and real-time monitoring initiatives.”
“No Limits software is a forward-thinking company that understands how to bring additional value to its customers through the integrated solution announced today,” said Chad Riseling, RF Code Vice President of Worldwide Sales. “They have a clear grasp of the benefits a very powerful, easy- to-use tool for monitoring and managing their power and cooling brings to their data center and facilities end users. It’s a scenario in which everyone involved wins.”
The RaMP DCIM solution provides the following benefits:
- Auto-discovery of detailed device information
- Power and environmental monitoring down to the device level
- Server monitoring to identify servers which should be retired, virtualized or consolidated
- Software and operating system license management
- Automated change control to reduce MTTR and increase availability
- Web services API provides integration with other systems
- PUE, DCiE and CADE energy management calculations
- More accurate capacity planning data helps to reduce stranded power and shutdown risks
- Device type roll-up views provide an easy way to quickly compare device performance
- Enhanced rack views (device type, status, power usage, front and rear temperature
- Track data center tasks
- Calculation of power usage at the rack PDU level without requiring an intelligent rack PDU
- Enhanced visual data center editor makes it easy to design and edit the data center layout
RF Code’s active RFID-based wire-free environmental monitoring technology provides information about temperature, humidity, leak detection, dry contact and door status. This gives customers the real-time information they need to better manage the environmental factors that influence data center assets, including power and cooling.
About No Limits Software
No Limits Software is a leading provider of IT and Facility management solutions, including asset management, capacity planning, and power and environmental monitoring. No Limits Software's patent-pending solution is unique in that it automates asset management to the rack unit. The RaMP solution eliminates the need for physical audits, dramatically reduces the time to find and repair equipment, improves system availability and improves data center energy efficiency by providing accurate capacity planning. Visit their web site at http://www.nolimitssoftware.com.
About RF Code, Inc.
RF Code is a provider of fully automated, real time asset management and wire-free environmental and power monitoring solutions as well as a leader in providing technology used by third parties to enhance their DCIM, BMS, ERP, EAM and other solutions. The company’s unique active RFID-based solutions provide IT professionals with a more efficient, more affordable and more cost-effective approach to managing IT assets and keeping technology environments in an optimal state. As a result, RF Code’s solutions significantly reduce the costs of tracking, monitoring and managing IT assets, while delivering an immediate return on investment. Visit their web site at http://www.rfcode.com.