Security Sheriff offers an unprecedented level of assurance that sensitive information can be secured inside SharePoint. HiSoftware has shown true innovation and leadership with this product.
Nashua, NH (PRWEB) February 09, 2012
HiSoftware Inc., a provider of content aware compliance and security solutions, today announced it has received Corporate Integrity’s GRC Technology Innovation Award. The award recognizes HiSoftware Security Sheriff™ SP as a governance, regulatory and compliance solution on the cutting edge of the industry. The product is designed to protect even the most sensitive enterprise data in SharePoint®, from Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to Protected Health Information (PHI) to pre-release financials, strategic product information, HR data and more. Also today, HiSoftware released Security Sheriff SP into general availability.
The Corporate Integrity GRC Technology Innovation award recipients are chosen by Michael Rasmussen, an internationally recognized pundit on governance, risk management and compliance. Rasmussen is noted as the “Father of GRC” — being the first to define and model the GRC market in 2002 while at Forrester.
[Tweet This] Security Sheriff from @HiSoftware “leading the market” for GRC Technology in SharePoint by @grcpundit. Product now in general availability.
“HiSoftware is unique in its focus of applying GRC technology to the file level within Microsoft SharePoint, the most widely deployed ECM platform on the market today,” said Rasmussen. “Security Sheriff offers an unprecedented level of assurance that sensitive information can be secured inside SharePoint. HiSoftware has shown true innovation and leadership with this product.”
AIIM’s 2011 “State of the ECM Industry” report noted that 70 percent of the largest global organizations surveyed use SharePoint today, making SharePoint one of the market’s fastest-growing ECM systems. Yet concerns remain about SharePoint’s use for the management of private or otherwise sensitive content. In fact, only 20 percent of the respondents to AIIM’s 2011 survey indicated they had sufficient confidence in SharePoint security to store sensitive information.
HiSoftware Security Sheriff SP automates the process of identifying and securing sensitive content inside SharePoint. Key features of HiSoftware Security Sheriff SP include:
- Scanning that assesses the current level of sensitive information present and where it is stored.
- Reporting of content at risk for non-compliance with enterprise privacy policies or a security breach.
- Classifying content with SharePoint metadata. Classifications are used to create content security profiles, assist in e-discovery and provide a persistent form of identification, at the file level, for sensitive content.
- Restricting content at the document level to a specific individual or group, even if a wider audience has access to the site or library where the item physically resides in SharePoint.
- Preventing sensitive content from leaving SharePoint through email, print or “save as” based on the classification of the email and/or the attached document.
- Encrypting content identified as sensitive by Security Sheriff SP. Regardless of which SharePoint site the content resides in, only properly credentialed users will ever be able to read the content, inside or outside of SharePoint, or the enterprise in general.
- Tracking the entire lifecycle of the content in SharePoint. This means that a policy officer can see if a document has been emailed, printed, etc., and document its entire chain-of-custody in the event of a breach or an audit by a regulatory agency (i.e. KPMG for HHS in the case of HIPAA/HITECH).
“HiSoftware is the only vendor enabling both policy and user-based classification allowing for item-level security for content and assets within SharePoint. This greatly helps organizations to protect against data breaches,” said HiSoftware CEO Kurt Mueffelmann. “Receiving a GRC Technology Innovation award from Corporate Integrity is a reflection of HiSoftware's dedication to leading the market with content-aware compliance and security solutions specifically designed for SharePoint.”
HiSoftware Security Sheriff SP is now available to the general public. To learn more about Security Sheriff SP or to schedule a demo, please contact the HiSoftware solutions team at http://www.hisoftware.com/solutions/related-links/information-request.aspx or 1.888.272.2484.
HiSoftware provides content-aware compliance and security solutions for the monitoring and enforcement of risk management and privacy guidelines across digital environments. The company’s solutions provide a data governance and compliance platform for content management and collaboration processes that support corporate and brand integrity, site quality, accessibility and confidentiality for public websites and portals, as well as internal intranets and SharePoint sites. HiSoftware’s customers include some of the largest US and international government agencies, as well as Global 2000 companies. For more information, visit http://www.hisoftware.com.