Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 13, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Health Plan Week and Medicare Advantage News, is pleased to announce its February 23 webinar, Health Plan Strategies for Boosting Medicare Star Ratings. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2a09_022312.
Medicare’s star quality ratings are rapidly becoming a crucial strategy for any Medicare plan and its providers — and in today’s shifting landscape, these strategies must constantly evolve. CMS now is weighting measures to emphasize outcomes, introducing new measures and giving plans under sanctions lower ratings. In 2012, Part D services became a heavily weighted component of the overall rating for Medicare plans that offer drug benefits. And those plans that routinely score below three out of five stars could lose their Medicare contract altogether.
But which provider and member engagement strategies are most effective? How should plans adjust their stars strategies as the measures change? And how can organizations effectively prioritize efforts around current measures while building an organization that anticipates new ones?
On February 23 two Medicare executives will detail new strategies that Medicare health plans are implementing to improve their star ratings. Participants will get reliable answers to questions like:
- How will the stars bonus program realign the competitive landscape?
- How do geography and plan type affect ratings and improvement activities?
- What should Medicare Advantage plans be doing to score well on CMS’s planned measure on hospital readmissions?
- What can plans do to boost their chances of scoring well on medication-related measures?
- Which of CMS’s star-rating categories are MA and Part D plans finding the hardest to improve? Which present the greatest opportunities for future impact?
- What new measures are likely in the future? How can plans prepare for them?
After a lively 60-minute presentation, a concluding 30-minute question-and-answer session will allow webinar participants to pose individual questions to the speakers. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2a09_022312#speakers to learn more about the speakers:
- Stephen Wood, senior vice president at OptumInsight, where he leads the Government Programs Management and Strategy practice.
- Daniel Weinrieb, manager of clinical relationships at HealthNow New York, Inc., doing business as BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and BlueShield of Northeastern New York.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2a09_022312 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.