Our success in 2011 is a direct reflection of the vital role we are playing in the continued development of MySQL and the MySQL community,” said Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO for Percona, Inc. “We look forward to continuing to help shape our industry
PLEASANTON, California (PRWEB) February 09, 2012
Percona, Inc., the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced continued growth and momentum for 2011. During the past year, Percona achieved significant corporate milestones, expanded its solution offering via new and enhanced products and services, and furthered MySQL industry education through the launch of its acclaimed Percona Live Conference series.
Percona, which supports 1,200 customers worldwide, with its comprehensive MySQL products and support services, reached the following key milestones in 2011:
- 250,000 downloads of Percona Server
- 200,000 downloads of Percona XtraBackup
- 250,000 downloads of Percona XtraDB as part of Percona Server
- 100,000 downloads of Percona Toolkit
- Grew to nearly 60 employees
- Exceeded 200,000 unique visitors per month at Percona’s MySQLPerformanceBlog.com
- Percona celebrated delivery of MySQL-related services to its 1,000th customer in March and exceeded 1,200 customers by the end of 2011.
- Percona surpassed 250,000 downloads of Percona Server in April.
- Percona continued to enhance its signature Percona MySQL Support offering, announcing support for Drizzle as well as a new MySQL Cluster Support option. The flexible services increase uptime and availability by providing customers with help on MySQL-related products, including MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB, Amazon RDS for MySQL, Drizzle, XtraBackup and Percona Toolkit.
- Percona removed decades-old limitations of MySQL with the release of Percona Server version 5.5.15. The release enables users to save memory and allows them to simultaneously hold more types of data in memory (such as large BLOB and TEXT types) by removing the fixed-length limitation on the MySQL MEMORY storage engine.
- Percona launched Percona Toolkit, a suite of DBA and sysadmin productivity tools for MySQL and successor to the popular Maatkit and Aspersa toolkits.
- In addition to speaking and participating at industry events, Percona launched the Percona Live Conferences, a series of intensive MySQL summits focused on the core topics needed to be successful with MySQL. The inaugural 2011 events were very well attended, attracting nearly 300 attendees each at Percona Live San Francisco, Percona Live New York and Percona Live London.
- Percona began preparations for the first annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo taking place at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California, April 10-12, 2012. Formerly the MySQL Conference & Expo hosted by O’Reilly and Associates, this “must attend” three-day event provides a great opportunity for MySQL users, developers and vendors to exchange knowledge and information about MySQL and attend breakout sessions, keynotes, and tutorials presented by some of the most respected MySQL practitioners in the industry.
- Percona enhanced its executive and management team with the additions of Terry Erisman as chief marketing officer and Dave Hildebrandt as director of training.
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
About Percona, Inc.
Percona Inc. has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,200 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and software development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and maintain the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit http://www.percona.com.
Percona(R) and XtraBackup(R) are registered trademarks of Percona, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property