Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 13, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Specialty Pharmacy News and Drug Benefit News is pleased to announce its February 16 webinar, Generating Real-World Evidence for Formulary Development: Health Plan Strategies and Results. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p08_021612.
Comparative-effectiveness research (CER) has been gaining ground as health plans seek to provide optimal patient care through evidence-based decisions. The federal government has recognized the importance of CER with the establishment of a national data clearinghouse and funding of other research activities, but it has not yet delivered the evidence that payers are seeking. As a result, insurers and PBMs are conducting their own real-world evidence studies to determine which drug therapies are both clinically effective and cost-efficient. Find out what innovative steps two industry leaders have taken to generate real-world data to develop better drugs and help payers make outcomes-based formulary decisions.
On Feb. 16 top executives from HealthCore and AstraZeneca demonstrate how these two companies have collaborated to deliver real-world evidence to payers. Participants will get insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- How are health plans using real-world evidence today? With what results?
- How can these data be used to improve the quality of health care and reduce costs?
- What methods can health plans use to generate real-world evidence?
- Which therapeutic conditions would benefit from these data the most?
- What are the most important lessons learned so far from the HealthCore-AstraZeneca collaboration?
After a lively 60-minute presentation, a concluding 30-minute question-and-answer session will allow webinar participants to pose individual questions to the speakers. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p08_021612#speakers to learn more about the speakers:
- Marcus D. Wilson, Pharm.D., is president of HealthCore, WellPoint’s wholly owned outcomes research subsidiary.
- Brian Sweet, B.S. Pharm., M.B.A., is executive director, healthcare alliances, at AstraZeneca.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p08_021612 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.