Springfield, MO (PRWEB) February 13, 2012
2012 Spring Fishing Classic Quick Sheet
- What: Spring Fishing Classic
- When: U.S. Locations Feb. 24-March 11 Canada Locations March 9-25
- Where: 54 Bass Pro Shops store locations across United States and Canada
- How much: Free
- Why cover it: One of the most popular and fun pastimes we remember as kids is going on family fishing trips. As parents ourselves now, we want to pass on this tradition to our kids. An ever-increasing number of families are discovering Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World stores and flocking to their award-winning venues to discover the great outdoors together. At Bass Pro Shops, families can take advantage of Outdoor Skills Workshops, sit in on educational seminars and listen to professional field experts—all for FREE-- that will allow them to make great outdoor memories together to last a lifetime.
Last year, more than 5 million people attended the Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classics—lending credibility to the U.S. statistic that more people go fishing than go to Orlando’s Disney World—the world’s number one resort –30 million anglers vs 16 million Disney visitors (http://www.sportsmenslink.org). And, in Canada, more Canadians would rather fish than golf and play hockey combined --18% vs. 7% and 6% (http://www.csia.ca). Plus, there will be great interview and photo opportunity potential with anglers, customers and area visitors
- Special events:
Fishing Seminars by Local Pros or Conservation Groups--
U.S. Locations February 24-26, CAD Locations March 16-18
BASSMaster University Weekend with National Pros and Seminars –
U.S. March 2-4. CAD -Toronto March 10-11, Calgary March 10
Reel Trade-In – U.S. Locations Feb 24-29, CAD stores—March 9-14
Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend—U.S. locations March 9-11 CAD locations March 23-25. Noon to 5pm each day-- Friday-Sunday
Daily Door Busters, Rod Trade-in, Vendor booths--see specific store listing for dates
Plus, customers may register to win the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” Sweepstakes. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected nationally and will win a 2-day fishing trip with Mark Zona in Traverse City, MI and a $300 Bass Pro Shops gift card. The trip will be filmed and the show will appear on The Outdoor Channel. The winner and one guest will receive complementary travel and 2 night’s lodging—a total Sweepstakes Package value of more than $10,000.00. In addition, each store will select a First Place Winner for a Fishing Prize Package with a retail value of $370 US and $445 CAD.
For more information: Contact Katie Mitchell (417) 873-5618
Larry Whiteley (417) 873-5022
Pros, events, seminars, vendor booths and times vary per store location and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Visit http://www.basspro.com/classic and click on the local store from the drop down box for more information
FISHING IS FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Free Bass Pro Shops Event features pro anglers, seminars, kids’ activities and more
Bass Pro Shops is dedicated to ensuring families continue to have fun together outdoors through their exciting, educational events such as the Spring Fishing Classic. Last year, more than 5 million people attended this event at Bass Pro Shops stores across America and Canada and this year promises to be even bigger. And, it is at a price everyone can afford—free.
Plus, this year you could be the winner of the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” Sweepstakes. You could be selected as the National Grand Prize Winner and win a 2-day fishing trip with Mark Zona in Traverse City, MI and a $300 Bass Pro Shops gift card. The trip will be filmed and the show will appear on The Outdoor Channel. You and your guest will receive complementary travel and 2 night’s lodging—a total sweepstakes package value of more than $10,000.00! In addition, 54 winners will be selected (one from each store) to win a Fishing Prize Package with a retail value of $370 US and $445 CAD.**
The 17-day event begins February 24th and goes until March 11th at 52 of the Bass Pro Shops retail stores in the United States and March 9th through 25th at the Calgary and Toronto stores in Canada. There’s new fishing products to browse through, live demonstrations to see, tips and techniques to learn, boat shows, kids events, and, it’s all FREE! Don’t forget to register to win the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” sweepstakes or one of the 54 packages being given away that include a Bass Pro Shops Extreme Baitcast reel, Bass Pro Shops Extreme Rod, Rapala Electric Fillet Knife, Kevin Van Dam Tackle System and a fishing vest.
The Spring Fishing Classic is the best time and place to pick up the secret techniques and strategies used by the best anglers in the world. This year you’ll have two weekends of seminars and tank demonstrations to choose from-- select your favorite topic or pro or attend them all—they’re all FREE! (Seminars will be held at all store locations except Miami, FL; Branson, MO; Islamorada, FL; and Bass Pro Shops Outlet store in Springfield).
The first weekend (U.S. stores February 24-26, CAD stores March 16-18) features fishing seminars taught by local pros, conservation groups and other area experts. Topics and times are listed below:
In the U.S. stores, Friday, February 24th and Canada stores, Friday, March 16th:
- 6pm: Advanced Small and Largemouth Bass Tactics
- 7pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
- 8pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
U.S. Saturday, February 25th and Canada, March 17th:
- 1pm: (topics vary per store: check local store listing)
- 2pm: Pre-Spawn and Post-Spawn Bass
- 3pm: Fish Finder Basics
- 4pm: Crankbait Fishing: Tactics and Importance of Matching Rod and Reel Gear Ratio to Various CrankBaits
- 5pm: Spinnerbait Basics
U.S. Sunday, February 26th and Canada, March 18th:
- 1pm: The Tackle and Tactics of Power Fishing vs. Finesse Fishing
- 2pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
- 3pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
- 4pm: Fish Finder Basics
The second weekend of the Spring Fishing Classic offers the BASSMaster University National Fishing Pros seminars and tank demonstrations March 2nd - 4th at the U.S. stores, March 10th-11th in Vaughan, (Toronto, Ontario) and March 10th in Rocky View (Calgary, Alberta). See and hear experts like 9-time BASS Angler of the Year Roland Martin, 4-time BassMaster Classic Champion Rick Clunn, legendary angler and TV host Bill Dance, America’s favorite fisherman and TV host Jimmy Houston, 3-time BassMaster Classic Champion Kevin VanDam and many more. Canadian customers will enjoy “Facts of Fishing” TV host Dave Mercer and the Beasley Brothers. (Pros, seminar topics, and times vary by store and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check individual store schedules by visiting http://www.basspro.com/classic and clicking on the store from drop down box.)
Other special events include:
- Reel Trade-In: If attendees have any old reels that don’t see a lot of action any more, bring them in during “Reel Trade-In” days February 24th-29th at the U.S. stores and March 9th -14th for Canada stores. They can be traded in for a coupon worth from $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new reel. The donated reels will be given to local not-for-profit groups whose mission is to teach children about fishing and the outdoors.
- Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend: U.S. stores March 9-11, Canada March 23-25 Noon to 5pm. Kids can get into the spirit of the outdoors with plenty of FREE events geared for them during the Spring Classic. Activities include Catch and Release Pond++, Kid’s Fishing Seminars at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm, Free Photo Download at Catch and Release Pond, and crafts from 12noon to2pm each day. Plus, the first 50 kids to participate each day will receive a special Bass Pro Shops logo drawstring backpack (while supplies last).
- Daily Door Busters, Rod Trade-in, Vendor booths—Determined by specified store locations. Each store will have vendor booths one weekend of the Spring Fishing Classic except the following: Miami, FL; Destin, FL; Columbia,MO; WorldWide Sportsman (Islamorada, FL); Branson, MO; Memphis, TN; and Myrtle Beach, SC.
Get ready for a family summer full of fishing and outdoor adventures. Make plans now to attend the FREE Spring Fishing Classic event at your local Bass Pro Shops store.
**Contest rules: Customers must register to win the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” Sweepstakes or the Spring Fishing Package First Prize. The Grand Prize of the Mark Zona fishing trip will be awarded to one winner selected nationally. Fifty-four first prize winners will be selected (one per store) and awarded a Spring Fishing Package. (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 02/24/12 and ends 03/11/12 for U.S. locations. In Canada (excluding Quebec), between 3/9/12 and close of business on 3/25/12.
++Catch and Release Pond, stocked with live fish, at all stores, except Calgary, Canada which will offer a Casting Pond inside store that does not feature live fish.
About Bass Pro Shops Group:
Bass Pro Shops® operates 58 retail stores in 26 states and Canada visited by over 112 million people annually. The original store in Springfield, MO, at over 400,000 square feet and growing, is the world’s largest outdoor store. Bass Pro Shops® also conducts an international catalog and internet retailing operation, American Rod & Gun® wholesale division sells to over 7,000 independently owned retail stores worldwide. Outdoor World® Incentives also sells Bass Pro Shops® gift cards through over 132,000 retail outlets across America. The Bass Pro Shops® restaurant division with 28 locations. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackerboats.com) manufactures and sells Tracker®, Nitro®, SunTracker®, Tahoe®, Grizzly® and Mako® boats through Bass Pro Shops® retail stores and over 400 dealers worldwide. The Resort Group (http://www.bigcedar.com) includes Big Cedar Lodge® and other resort properties including restaurants and golf courses. For more information regarding Bass Pro Shops® store locations, products or special events, please visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.