Vector Software Adds Fully Integrated Static Source Code Analysis to VectorCAST

Share Article

Vector Software integrates the Industry Standard Lint Analysis Engine into VectorCAST/C++

VectorCAST/Lint merges the technology of two industry standard tools into a single IDE providing unprecedented efficiency for embedded developers.

Vector Software, the world’s leading provider of innovative software solutions for testing safety and mission critical embedded applications, announced today that fully automatic static source code analysis is now part of the VectorCAST family of products.

VectorCAST/Lint uses the Industry Standard Lint Analysis Engine for C/C++ source code. Lint analysis identifies coding and logic errors in code that is otherwise syntactically correct.

VectorCAST/Lint can examine individual source files or an entire application and provides comprehensive reporting capabilities. The VectorCAST/Lint tool is preconfigured to provide out-of-the box checking for the MISRA C, MISRA C 2004, and MISRA C++ 2008 standards.

The VectorCAST/Lint message browser makes it easy to review errors and warnings in the context of the source file where they occur. Additionally, VectorCAST/Lint’s message browser displays detailed explanations of the concepts behind the analysis.

“Static analysis is the most cost effective method of finding bugs in your code. Typically, developers are able to identify up to 80% of bugs using static analysis. Finding the remaining 20% requires dynamic analysis”, stated William McCaffrey Vector Software Chief Operating Officer. “VectorCAST/Lint merges the technology of two industry standard tools into a single IDE providing unprecedented efficiency for embedded developers.”

VectorCAST/Lint Features:

  •     Out-of-the-box MISRA support for C and C++
  •     Source Code Browser with Message Annotations
  •     Message Rationale and Concept Browser
  •     Message Filtering
  •     Graphical Configuration of Analysis
  •     Customizable reporting
  •     Error Suppression

VectorCAST/Lint is immediately available to customers worldwide. For additional details on VectorCAST/Lint, contact Vector Software at http://www.vectorcast.com.

Attendees of Embedded World 2012 can view a live demonstration of VectorCAST/Lint in Hall 4, Stand 216 at the Nuremberg Exhibition Center from February 28 to March 1, 2012.

About Vector Software, Inc.
Founded in 1989, Vector Software is the world’s leading provider of innovative software testing solutions for safety and mission critical embedded applications. Vector Software’s VectorCAST line of products, automate and manage the complex tasks associated with unit, integration, and system level testing. VectorCAST supports the C, C++, and Ada programming languages. Vector Software also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. To learn more, visit Vector Software at http://www.vectorcast.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Michael Rielly
Vector Software Inc.
(401) 398-7185
Email >
Visit website