Providence, RI (PRWEB) February 27, 2012
Vector Software, the world’s leading provider of innovative software solutions for testing safety and mission critical embedded applications, announced today the release of VectorCAST version 6.0. This latest release includes the ability to configure the VectorCAST for specific embedded industries such as Avionics (DO178B/C), Automotive (ISO 26262), Railway (EN-51208), Medical (IEC 62304), and Industrial Controls (IEC 61508). This allows users to interface with the tool using terminology and concepts that are native to their industry.
The VectorCAST 6.0 release includes a fully integrated static source code analyzer for C and C++. VectorCAST/Lint can examine individual source files or an entire application and provides comprehensive reporting capabilities.
The VectorCAST/Lint tool is preconfigured to provide out-of-the box enforcement of the MISRA C, MISRA C 2004, and MISRA C++ 2008 standards.
VectorCAST 6.0 features and enhancements:
- Integrated Static Analysis, including MISRA, with VectorCAST/Lint
- Complete HTML help system with extensive searching capabilities
- Automated test templates for 100% MC/DC pair coverage
- Enhanced Coverage Reporting for VectorCAST/Manage
- Welcome Screen Functionality, provides RSS feeds and Hyperlinks to common tool functionality
- Built-In GNU Based Compiler for C, C++, and Ada95
- Built-In Testing Examples for all tools to allow Tool Usage within seconds of installation
- Integrated Web Browser for Access to VectorCAST Help and Examples
VectorCAST 6.0 is immediately available to customers worldwide. For additional details about the 6.0 release of VectorCAST contact Vector Software at http://www.vectorcast.com.
Attendees of Embedded World 2012 can view a live demonstration of VectorCAST 6.0 in Hall 4, Stand 216 at the Nuremberg Exhibition Center from February 28 to March 1, 2012.
About Vector Software, Inc.
Founded in 1989, Vector Software is the world’s leading provider of innovative software testing solutions for safety and mission critical embedded applications. Vector Software’s VectorCAST line of products, automate and manage the complex tasks associated with unit, integration, and system level testing. VectorCAST supports the C, C++, and Ada programming languages. Vector Software also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. To learn more, visit Vector Software at http://www.vectorcast.com.
# # #