New York, NY (PRWEB) February 15, 2012
RFID Journal announced today that four preconference seminars and five workshops will be offered to attendees at RFID Journal LIVE! 2012 (http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live), the world's premier conference and exhibition focused on radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications.
This year's LIVE! event will be held on Apr. 3-5, 2012, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort, located in Orlando, Fla. The preconferences and workshsops—covering RFID's use for energy, health care, IT, warehouse and inventory management, and security, privacy and legislation, as well as NFC technology, RFID Journal University, the Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop, and the Item-Level Supplier Workshop—will all take place on Apr. 3.
- RFID in Energy—Presented in partnership with the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group, this preconference will focus on end-user case studies and the benefits that RFID could provide to chemical, gas and oil firms, as well as the challenges that must be overcome to achieve such benefits.
- RFID in Health Care—This preconference will feature leading health-care providers and early adopters sharing real-world case studies revealing the business benefits of RFID.
- RFID for IT Professionals—Sponsored by Academia RFID, this seminar will explain how to build a complete software architecture and the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system.
- NFC Workshop—This one-day workshop preconference seminar explains how companies can use Near Field Communication (NFC) to enhance products and the consumer shopping experience.
- Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop—In this workshop, attendees will hear about the benefits of employing RFID to track individual items, and how to achieve them—plus, attendees will obtain an update about the VICS Item Level RFID Initiative, which is helping to develop standard ways of deploying the technology and best practices.
- Item-Level Supplier Workshop—This workshop is designed to quickly bring those new to RFID up to speed, by providing all of the information necessary to begin tagging individual garments, including tagging options, managing serialized data and more.
- RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management—Sponsored by Academia RFID, this seminar will introduce participants to RFID applications in inventory and warehouse management, as well as how to build a working RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
- Security, Privacy and Legislation—In this preconference, sponsored by Revere Security, attendees will gain a comprehensive overview of the legislative climate, as well as detailed information about how to secure RFID systems.
- RFID Journal University—RFID Journal’s most popular preconference seminar is designed to provide those new to radio frequency identification with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how RFID can be applied to solve specific business problems.
“These seminars and workshops add an extra dimension to the education program at RFID Journal LIVE! 2012,” said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal’s founder and editor. "Attendees can get additional in-depth information and learning experiences. I’m especially pleased to host a Security, Privacy and Legislation preconference this year, as these topics are becoming increasingly important as consumers buy products containing RFID tags.”
In addition, LIVE! 2012 will feature four industry-specific and four level-of-expertise conference tracks, as well as fast-track training, the RFID Journal Awards, and two co-located events: IEEE RFID 2012 and The AIDC 100: RFID and Bar-Code Co-existence—Lessons Learned From AIDC Technology Adoption. In addition, the conference will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms.
For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide—in print, online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournal.com.