Most importantly collaborative learning recognizes that knowledge can be not only shared but created within a group where members actively endeavor to learn together through shared experience.
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) February 15, 2012
John Shook, CEO of the nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI), will describe the elements of successful collaborative learning during his keynote presentation at the annual Lean Transformation Summit, March 7-8, 2012, Jacksonville, FL.
How companies can accelerate their lean management transformations by sharing resources and experiences in collaborative learning groups is the theme of this year’s Summit.
The conference, which is expected to draw an international audience of about 400 Lean Thinkers, is set for the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Jacksonville, FL. Preconference workshops run March 5-6.
Shook said that critical elements of collaborative learning in a lean management environment include:
- All collaborating companies and individuals must actively participate
- Collaborators must show mutual respect
- Collaborating companies and people must show openness in sharing experience, knowledge, challenges and struggles
- Teachers are learners; learners are teachers
- Problems addressed must be challenging to all partners
“Most importantly collaborative learning recognizes that knowledge can be not only shared but created within a group where members actively endeavor to learn together through shared experience,” Shook said.
Lean Summit Content
Managers and executives pursuing lean transformation will learn from these collaborative learning leaders:
- Dr. John Toussaint, CEO, Healthcare Value Network
- Jerry Bussell, co-founder and past chairman of the Jacksonville Lean Consortium
- Karl Wadensten ,president of VIBCO Vibrators and an active member in the Young Presidents’ Organization
- Greg Johnson, sr. director of process solutions, Medtronic, a member of LEI’s Partners Program, a research and learning network
The Summit also features:
- A new Senior Manager Gemba Walk Workshop with LEI Founder Jim Womack
- 6 Learning Sessions about applications and methodologies on the frontier of lean thinking
- A special Learning Session on coaching as a collaborative learning process featuring Swen Nater, former basketball player under legendary UCLA coach John Wooden and co-founder of the youth organization BeLikeCoach
- 7 Pre-Summit Workshops
Visit the Lean Transformation Summit page today for details, to register, and for information about live video streaming. You also can contact LEI at 617-871-2900 or summits(at)lean(dot)org.