How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture is New Training Program on LearnVirtual
LearnVirtual introduces new training series on How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture. Available for AIA CES Learning Units, this six-part series starts March 14 and is designed to make BIM simple to understand and implement. It covers how to get started with BIM, how to leverage BIM to its full extent, how to implement BIM in different project environments" and how to set up the necessary processes and protocols to maximize its benefits.
Oakland, CA (PRWEB) February 14, 2012
LearnVirtual announces new training series on "How to Implement BIM into the Practice of Architecture." This six-part series starting March 14 focuses on how to adopt BIM, including getting started, leveraging BIM to its full extent, and implementing BIM in different project environments. Each session provides AIA/CES Learning Units.
“The reality is that BIM is more about process change than technology adoption,” said Thomas M. Simmons, series instructor. “With this program we are focusing on how to make the transition to BIM so that its benefits can be maximized throughout the design process.”
Individuals can register for one or all of the six courses on the LearnVirtual registration page. The dates and topics of the sessions are:
March 14: Defining Fundamental BIM Concepts, Terms & Tools, a high level overview of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and the concepts that are critical to successful implementation. 1.5 AIA CES LUs.
- March 21: Implementing BIM in the Design Phase, focuses on the challenges and opportunities of implementing BIM early in the project, as well as how to integrate BIM with popular design tools such as Rhino and Google SketchUp. 1.5 AIA CES LUs.
- March 28: Visualization with BIM, reviews strategies for creating illustrations, renderings, animations and virtual reality from BIM Models. 1.5 AIA CES LUs.
- April 4: Strategies for Creating Documents from a BIM Model, discusses the methodologies and strategies for producing 2D documents from 3D models to save time and improve quality. 1.5 AIA CES LUs.
- April 11: Collaboration from Small to Large Teams, teaches collaboration within a BIM environment both locally inside an office as well as externally through the Internet. 1.5 AIA CES LUs.
- April 18: Integrating Sustainability into the BIM Process, covers how to analyze the BIM model for energy loads and LEED requirements with a focus on sustainable design. 1.5 AIA CES LU/HSW/SDs.
Course instructor Thomas M. Simmons has worked with architecture, engineering and construction firms in San Francisco, Houston, Portland and Seattle to implement BIM. He is recognized for his expertise in Building Information Modeling and the implementation of its technology.
LearnVirtual specializes in the design and implementation of education programs for AEC professionals. With an emphasis on e-learning, custom corporate education programs and multi-venue hybrid education, LearnVirtual empowers individuals and companies with professional skills and industry intelligence that can be applied in everyday work environments.