Monrovia, CA (PRWEB UK) 15 February 2012
Parasoft Corporation, industry leader in assisting organizations to define and deliver defect-free software efficiently, today introduced a new release of Parasoft SOAtest: a functional and performance testing solution that helps QA teams ensure secure, reliable, compliant business applications.
The latest release introduces support for EDI, fixed length, and delimited (CSV) message formats—enabling users to rapidly configure, send, and validate virtually any text-based message via an intuitive, form-based interface.
Wayne Ariola, Parasoft VP of Strategy and Corporate Development, explains, "Communication across today's composite applications often involves industry-standard message formats like EDIFACT, HL7, HIPAA, X12, and so on—as well as some very distinct, specialized formats used in niche markets. Our goal with this release was to ensure that organizations leveraging any of these message formats could take full advantage of SOAtest's rich interface when they're configuring, sending, and validating the messages that drive their business."
Another major enhancement in the new release is enhanced REST and WADL support, which provides an additional layer of control for RESTful services. This new support:
- Ensures that only valid values can be entered when configuring a message.
- Alerts the team when tests need to be updated.
- Simplifies updating tests as the WADL evolves.
- Ensures the interoperability of WADLs.
Other key features introduced in the latest release include:
- HP ALM 11 and Quality Center 11 integration
- Groovy, JSR 223-compliant scripting support
- Queue browser support for any JMS provider
- Load Test "active reporting" and WebSphere 8 monitoring support
- New supported technologies & environments (NTLM v2, Eclipse 3.7, .NET WCF 4.0, XPath 2.0, Jython 2.5, Firefox 10, Chrome 17)
To learn more about Parasoft SOAtest, please visit http://www.parasoft.com/soatest
Parasoft is recognized by software development professionals as the leader in software development lifecycle automation. By integrating software development management, quality lifecycle management, and dev/test environment management, we help teams deliver better software faster. Since 1987, over 10,000 companies—including 58% of the Fortune 500—have turned to Parasoft to ensure that quality software can be produced consistently and efficiently. For more information, visit the Parasoft web site and ALM Best Practices blog.