Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 15, 2012
Leading organizations from around the world will convene in San Diego for the Knowledge Foundation’s 5th Sample Prep conference which will take place at the Hilton Resort & Spa from May 3-4, 2012.
Early bird registration discount expires this Friday, February 17, 2012 – save $100
Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens. This conference will address the major issues and state-of-the-art in the technologies for real-world sample preparation. Specific topics to be explored when world leaders convene for this high-level symposium include:
- Sample prep with microfluidics
- Sample prep-on-a-chip
- Alternative sample prep technologies for viruses, toxins & pathogens
- Sample prep as separate vs. integrated module approach
- Nanotechnology challenges for sample preparation
- Robust sampling methodologies (automation, high-throughput, combinatorial approach in sample prep)
- Food, water, air, and environmental sampling
- Novel methods of extraction from tough (non-filterable) matrices
- Single use sample concentration modules
- Advanced lateral flow assays for sample prep
- Nucleic acid or protein based sample prep for next generation sequencing
- Sample prep technologies for detection/diagnostics vs. pharma
Distinguished Speaker Faculty
- Raymond P. Mariella, PhD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Mark W. Eshoo, PhD, ibis Biosciences, Inc., a subsidiary of Abbott Molecular
- Steven S. Branda, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
- Michael Pollack, PhD, CTO, Advanced Liquid Logic, Inc.
-Alexis Sauer-Budge, PhD, Fraunhofer
- Stephane Evoy, PhD,University of Alberta, Canada
-Rajaram Krishnan, PhD, CEO, Biological Dynamics, Inc.*
-Joseph Wang, PhD, University California San Diego
- Michael J. Heller, PhD, University of California San Diego
- Richard A. Montagna, PhD, Rheonix, Inc.
-Dennis W. Harris, DPhil., IntegenX, Inc.
- Bruce Irvine, Claremont BioSolutions LLC
- James M. Birch, PhD, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Andre Marziali, PhD, Boreal Genomics Inc. & University of British Columbia
-Eric R. Rhodes, PhD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- John P. Langmore, PhD, Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- Stephanie Thatcher, Idaho Technology, Inc.
- David S. Alburty, InnovaPrep LLC
- James P. Landers, PhD, ZyGEM Corporation University of Virginia*
- Rolf Müller, PhD, Biomatrica, Inc.
-Steve Barrett, President and CEO, DetectGen, Inc., Canada
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical & biological detection technologies.
The Knowledge Foundation
2193 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 398
Boston, MA 02135-3853
Phone: (617) 232-7400
Fax: (617) 232-9171
(617) 232-7400 ext. 203