Pleasanton, CA (PRWEB) February 15, 2012
Percona, Inc., the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, has published an impressive lineup of keynote speakers for its Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo taking place at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif., April 10-12, 2012. Formerly the MySQL Conference & Expo hosted by O’Reilly and Associates, this “must attend” three-day event provides a great opportunity for MySQL users, developers and vendors to exchange knowledge and information about MySQL and attend breakout sessions, keynotes, and tutorials presented by some of the most respected MySQL practitioners in the industry.
This year’s keynote presentations will be delivered by industry luminaries and will cover a range of topics:
Wednesday, April 11th
- Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO, and Baron Schwartz, Chief Performance Architect, Percona, Inc. Topic: “The MySQL Evolution.” Time: 8:45-9:05 a.m.
- Sam Ghods, Vice President of Technology, Box. Topic: “MySQL: Still the Best Choice for Mission-Critical Data.” Time: 9:10-9:30 a.m.
“Percona has consistently been a thought leader in the MySQL community, and I'm delighted to speak at the upcoming conference.” - Sam Ghods
- Brian Aker, Fellow, HP. Topic: “Servicing Databases for the Cloud.”
Time: 9:30-10:15 a.m.
“I’m very happy to see Percona continue the decade-long conference for MySQL users. It’s wonderful to see this forum live on.” - Brian Aker
Thursday, April 12th
- Mårten Mickos, CEO, Eucalyptus Systems. Topic: “Making LAMP a Cloud.” Time: 8:45-9:05 a.m.
“When MySQL users get together, you know you have some of the most innovative thinkers in one place. I look forward to both sharing and absorbing new knowledge at the conference.” - Marten Mickos
- Mark Callaghan, Software Engineer, Database Infrastructure, Facebook. Topic: “What Comes Next.” Time: 9:10-9:30 a.m.
April 11 and 12 will feature 72 breakout sessions which will provide attendees with an opportunity to dive deep into a variety of MySQL topics including applications, architecture and design, business case studies, database administration, hardware, high availability and replication, new features, and tools.
Attendees who register for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo prior to March 1 using the special promotion code PL-Book will receive a copy of the soon-to-be published High Performance MySQL, 3rd Edition by O'Reilly Press at the conference.
On April 13, conference attendees are invited to attend complimentary, specialized MySQL sessions including:
- Drizzle Day, a day entirely devoted to all things Drizzle, will feature a variety of speakers on topics including databases for modern web applications, relational databases being deployed in the cloud, advanced replication techniques, AlsoSQL, testing and performance.
- The SkySQL & MariaDB Solutions Day for the MySQL database will provide essential insights on FOSS and commercial software. The day will begin with a keynote by MySQL AB founders Monty Widenius and David Axmark.
2012 MySQL Community Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2012 MySQL Community Awards. To nominate a deserving person, application or company, visit the OpenLife.cc website. Winners will be announced on Wednesday evening, April 11, during the Community Networking Reception.
Percona is also pleased to announce that Booking.com, NuoDB and PalominoDB have joined the conference as Silver sponsors. Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2012 are still available. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 developers, business managers, technology evangelists, database administrators, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Sponsors already committed to the event include:
- Diamond Plus: HP
- Diamond: Clustrix
- Platinum: Continuent, Schooner, New Relic, and Virident
- Gold: Fusion-io
- Silver: Booking.com, Box, Joyent, NuoDB, PalominoDB, ScaleBase and SkySQL
- Wednesday Night Reception: Craigslist
- Exhibits-Only: Couchbase, Infobright, ScalArc, Sphinx, STEC, Inc., Tokutek and Zmanda
For more information about the conference, visit the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2012 website. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the conference.
What: Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2012
Where: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: April 10-12, 2012
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
About Percona, Inc.
Percona Inc. has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,200 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit http://www.percona.com.
Percona(R) and XtraBackup(R) are registered trademarks of Percona, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
# # #