The best course on closing the books that I have ever seen - lots of practical approaches - extremely useful
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) February 16, 2012
CPE Link is pleased to offer a collection of outstanding Accounting Fundamentals CPE courses written by Steven Bragg, CPA, CMA, CIA, and CPIM. All in downloadable PDF format, these courses are premium quality content--loaded with detailed examples and explanations for every accounting procedure. Each course qualifies for Accounting & Auditing hours. Per NASBA regulations, users have up to one year to complete each course for CPE credit.
"We are so pleased to be offering this caliber of accounting education to our customers," said Sue Anderson, Executive Director of CPE Link. "The reception so far has been tremendous, as illustrated by the comments received on recent course evaluations:
- "The best course on closing the books that I have ever seen - lots of practical approaches - extremely useful"
- "Once again Mr. Bragg surprises me with state of the art material including excellent numerical examples to illustrate the point under debate. Many thanks for such an outstanding course."
- "I find this course (and study guide) to be robust and a great addition to my library. It is well written and will be a great resource!"
The self-study collection features:
Budgeting: The Comprehensive Guide (15 CPE hrs) - Shows how to create a budget, whether there are variations on the traditional budgeting concept that may work better, and how to operate without any budget at all. The discussion also covers capital budgeting, flexible budgeting, zero-base budgeting, and all of the procedures, controls, and reports needed for a functioning budget system.
Closing the Books (15 CPE hrs) - Demonstrates how the accounting systems summarize information into financial statements, how to close the books efficiently, how to construct financial statements, and the controls and record keeping systems needed to close the books.
The rest of the series covers:
- Cost Accounting Fundamentals (16 CPE hrs)
- Fixed Asset Accounting (10 CPE hrs)
- Payroll Management (15 CPE hours)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (15 CPE hrs)
- The Accounting Controls (15 CPE hours)
- The New Controller (20 CPE hours)
Author, Steven Bragg, CPA, CMA, CIA, and CPIM is one of the top-selling and most prolific accounting authors in the world. He has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and an auditor with Deloitte & Touche. He has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies.
CPE Link is a provider of online CPE for CPAs, EAs, CMAs, CFPs and other financial professionals. Practitioners can choose from a broad curriculum of 40 live webcast topics every month and over 700 hours of online self-study. CPE Link is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.