As experts in the homeowners insurance RI residents need, the agents at Loiselle Insurance Agency want to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to save their hard-earned money instead of putting it toward their home heating bills.
Pawtucket, RI (PRWEB) February 17, 2012
The team at Loiselle Insurance Agency knows that it has been a relatively mild New England winter thus far. While Massachusetts and Rhode Island have experienced little snow and few freezing days, many residents are still paying high heating costs. The team at Loiselle Insurance Agency knows that with home heating costs so high, many local residents may be looking for ways to cut their expenses. When it comes to homeowners insurance, RI residents should be aware that poor heating habits could results in claims. In order to help local residents stay warm safely and affordably for the remainder of the winter, the experts at Loiselle Insurance Agency would like to offer the following home heating tips:
- When using the home furnace, lower the thermostat 3-5 degrees – unless it would have a negative impact on the residents’ health – and turn it off when not home. This can help save up to 30 percent on heating costs.
- Homeowners should check furnace filters every month during the heating season and clean or replace the filter when necessary in order to reduce the risk of overheating or igniting a fire.
- With homeowners insurance, RI residents do not have to worry about the financial implications of a home heating disaster, but they should still take steps to avoid such situations by refraining from blocking heating outlets with furniture or other objects.
- Avoid using space heaters. If these must be utilized, ensure that there is a 3-foot clearance around the devices so that they do not ignite drapes or other fabrics.
- Open the drapes or blinds during the day and let the sun help warm the home. Close drapes or blinds at night to keep the warmth inside.
As experts in the homeowners insurance RI residents need, the agents at Loiselle Insurance Agency want to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to save their hard-earned money instead of putting it toward their home heating bills. Of course, taking steps to avoid a heating-related accident could also save people money in the sense that they will not have to pay those insurance deductibles!
About Loiselle Insurance Agency:
As a full-lines insurance agency committed to service, knowledge and integrity, Loiselle Insurance Agency brings together well-qualified individuals to advise and counsel its clients on all types of insurance. Bob Loiselle, Melanie Loiselle-Mongeon and Brenda Loiselle-DuClos represent the third and fourth generations of their family in the insurance profession. With over 65 years of service, the agency is now insuring several generations of the same client families. Loiselle Insurance Agency prides itself on its reputation for professionalism and recognizing its clients’ needs. In order to provide the broadest range of coverages, the agents at Loiselle represent many major insurance companies, which allows them to offer their clients the right policies at the right price.