We are experiencing the largest intergenerational wealth transfer in history.
(PRWEB) February 18, 2012
The Institute for Preparing Heirs™ (IPH) will hold its hallmark professional development program, "The Great Wealth Transfer: Attracting & Retaining MultiGenerational Families of Wealth", March 11-13, at Pepperdine University in Malibu, Ca. Developed exclusively for family wealth advisors, this only program of its kind is led by a world-class faculty of highly acclaimed authors, distinguished researchers and educators, and leading experts on family dynamics and wealth transition planning.
“We are experiencing the largest intergenerational wealth transfer in history,” said Vic Preisser, co-founder of IPH and co-author of Preparing Heirs, Five Steps to a Successful Transition of Family Wealth and Values. “More than $1 trillion in wealth is transferring to the next generation each year in the U.S.; however, over 90% of heirs promptly change advisors upon receiving their inheritance. Most families lose control of their assets and harmony in the first generation after wealth transfer regardless of how well their advisors have prepared the assets.”
IPH’s groundbreaking “The Great Wealth Transfer” professional development program sets a new standard of learning for family wealth advisors who want to ensure the longevity of their businesses by strengthening relationships with the multi-generations of current and prospective client families. Advisors who would benefit by attending include:
- Financial advisors
- Estate planning attorneys
- Family office executives
- Insurance executives
- Family business consultants
- Other family wealth advisors who work with successful families and individuals
Participants will leave the program with a solid understanding of:
- A clear process that addresses the impact of family dynamics on wealth transition in affluent families—a present-day gap in traditional wealth management
- Helpful new resources, including IPH’s Guide to Family Wealth Conversations. This tool was created for use by families to foster conversations to help open channels of communication, strengthen trust, prepare family members for the responsibilities of wealth, explore family financial literacy and more.
- A new research-based Family Self-Assessment tool that accurately measures a family's current readiness for wealth transfer across several key areas
The program format provides advisors with small group forums to share new ideas, discuss new strategies, and develop an action plan tailored specifically for their businesses.
Headquartered in Pasadena, CA, IPH teaches family wealth advisors how to start the conversation with families of wealth about the successful transfer of wealth to their next generation and provides resources and tools to support the relationship.
In addition to Vic Preisser, the faculty includes Drs. Robert Kenny and Karen Weisgerber with Boston College Center for Wealth and Philanthropy; Gary Shunk, family coach and founder of Family Wealth Dynamics; and Mark Percy, family philanthropy coach and founder of Next Generation Strategies.
Advisors may enroll by contacting IPH at (626) 389-8664 or online at preparingheirs.com. Cost to attend is $3,000 and includes a one-year IPH membership with full access to IPH’s tools, resources, discounted books and speakers, family wealth newsletter, discussion forums and more. Special payment plans are available.