Dallas, TX (PRWEB) February 17, 2012
On Wednesday, February 22, leaders from the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef will announce a major step forward in its work to advance a global beef supply chain that is environmentally sustainable, socially responsible and economically viable. Roundtable members will convene in Dallas, Texas to make continued progress and announce future plans for the initiative.
WHAT: A press conference with Roundtable leadership. One-on-one or small group media availability will be available upon request.
WHO: Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef leadership and select members from beef constituent groups:
- Jose-Luis Bretones, Director of Global Supply Chain Strategy, McDonald’s
- Beth Keck, Senior Director of Sustainable Agriculture, Walmart
- Michael Martin, Director of Communications, Cargill
- Bryan Weech, Director of Livestock, World Wildlife Fund
- Ruaraidh Petre, International Program Coordinator for Livestock, Solidaridad
- Brian Bolton, CEO, AllFlex
- John Carter, Owner, Allianca de Terra
Representatives from other Roundtable members can be made available as well. Founding members include: AllFlex, Cargill, Elanco, Grupo de Trabalho da Pecuaria Sustentavel (GTPS, Sustainable Livestock Working Group, Brazil), JBS, McDonald’s, Merck Animal Health, National Wildlife Federation, Rainforest Alliance, Roundtable for Sustainable Beef Australia, Solidaridad, The Nature Conservancy, Walmart and World Wildlife Fund.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Press conference 1:00-2:00 CT
Additional press availability between 2:00-3:00 CT
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Embassy Suites Dallas Fort-Worth Airport-South
4650 West Airport Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
To attend remotely via teleconference, please use: 1-888-619-1583, participant code 221-383-5984#
Please RSVP to Nick Conger, nick(dot)conger(at)wwfus(dot)org, 202-290-5454