The free two day conference will offer participants the opportunity to hear leading healthcare professionals speak about the latest treatments for brain tumors, how brain tumors work and issues related to quality of life, nutrition and mental health
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 17, 2012
UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program to host 12th Annual Brain Tumor Conference, March 23rd & 24th, 2012. This year’s free conference aims to connect brain cancer patients, survivors and family members with leading experts in the fields of Neuro-Oncology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiation Oncology, Nutrition, Genetics, Psychiatry, Psychology, Radiology, Neuropathology and Medical Informatics.
The free two day conference will offer participants the opportunity to hear leading healthcare professionals speak about the latest treatments for brain tumors, how brain tumors work and issues related to quality of life, nutrition and mental health. Through this conference, the Neuro-Oncology Programs will promote the sharing of information and experiences between brain tumor survivors, their families, friends and health care professionals.
The meeting will be held March 23rd & 24th, 2012 on the UCLA campus at UCLA Covel Commons.
The conference is free and pre-registration is required. Early registration is encouraged as conference space and materials are limited. Conference Participants may register securely online and view updated conference schedule and events by visiting http://www.neurooncology.ucla.edu
Professionals scheduled to speak include:
- Timothy F. Cloughesy MD, Professor & Director, UCLA Neuro-Oncology
- Linda Liau MD, PhD, Professor, UCLA Division of Neurosurgery
- Antonio DeSalles MD, Professor UCLA Division of Neurosurgery
- Albert Lai MD, PhD, Asst Professor, UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Leia Nghiemph MD, , Asst Professor, UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- William Yong MD, Professor, UCLA Pathology & Lab Medicine
- Whitney Pope MD, Professor, UCLA Dept of Radiological Science
- Paul Mischel, M.D. UCLA Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Patricia Walshaw, PhD, UCLA Dept of Psy & Biobeh
- Sheila Stinnett UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Carolyn Katzin, MS, CNS
- Mary Hardy M.D., UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Shawn Kravich, Esq - Cancer Legal Resource Center
- Nanette Fong, MSN NP - Nurse Practioner - UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Richard Hart, JD, MA, Program Director, Cancer Support Community
- Dr. Tom Belle Davidson, UCLA Pediatric Oncology
- Lisa Kring, LCSW, UCLA Simms/Mann Center
- Stacey Green NP, UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Dr. Susan Bookheimer, UCLA Dept of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences
- Cheryl Abe, LCSW – UCLA Oncology Center, Pam Hoff, LCSW – UCLA Radiation Oncology
Visit http://www.neurooncology.ucla.edu for updated conference schedule, events and online registration.
UCLA Covel Commons
330 De Neve Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Parking Structure Sunset Village
Daily Parking Permit is $11
Daily Disabled Parking Permit is $4
All Information content hereof is designed for educational purposes only and is not for the purpose of rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. Any specific questions you may have regarding an individual's medical condition should be directed to the individual's primary care physician or other attending physician. In addition, if you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.
# # #