Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) February 17, 2012
Lex Mundi is pleased to welcome three new members to its Client Advisory Council. The addition of these new members brings the current group of Client Advisory Council members to ten.
This distinguished group of senior in-house counsel from some of the world’s leading companies provides advice and guidance in a variety of areas that enhance Lex Mundi member firms' ability to serve their clients better and to meet the needs of in-house counsel.
The new members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council are
- Philippe Legrez, General Counsel, Michelin;
- Alberto Mora, Vice President, Secretary & General Counsel, Mars, Inc.; and
- Christa Wessel, Chief Legal Officer, McCain Foods Limited.
These new members join an outstanding group of existing Client Advisory Council members:
- Frauke Ahnefeld, Vice President Corporate Legal Services, Robert Bosch GmbH
- John Davidson, General Counsel and Group Secretary, SABMiller plc
- Stanton Dodge, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, DISH Network
- Kenneth Thompson, General Counsel, IP, Privacy and Governance, Reed Elsevier
- Richard Thurston, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation
- Debra Valentine, Group Executive Legal and External Affairs, Rio Tinto
- Ernst Wessel, Vice President, Managing Director Latin America, Office Depot
Carl Anduri, President of Lex Mundi, comments, "Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms. With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our association in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together."
The new Client Advisory Council members are replacing outgoing members whose terms expired in 2011. The outgoing Client Advisory Council members are
- Cathie Armour, Executive Director, Macquarie Group Limited;
- George Freeman, Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, The New York Times;
- Joia M. Johnson, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Hanesbrands Inc.;
- Alexandre D’Ambrosio, General Counsel and Executive Director, Votorantim Industrial; and
- Beat Hess, Former Legal Director and Member of the Group Executive Committee, Royal Dutch Shell plc.
Complete information on the members and activities of Lex Mundi’s Client Advisory Council can be found on the Lex Mundi web site at: http://www.lexmundi.com/lexmundi/Client_Advisory_Council.asp.
Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms, has more than 160 member firms around the world, representing approximately 21,000 lawyers. Lex Mundi provides members with a trusted network of law firms that share similar values and a similar focus on quality. Members can access global legal resources that enable them to serve their clients better and to continuously improve all aspects of their firms. Member firms are located throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Through its nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, Lex Mundi member firms provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe. Through the Lex Mundi Learning Network, Lex Mundi delivers on-line training opportunities to member firm lawyers and clients.