Public sector websites can now offer prior consent for cookies, leading the way in protecting citizen's on-line privacy..
Oxford, UK (PRWEB) February 19, 2012
Baycloud Systems are pleased to announce that they have been awarded a Framework Agreement for the provision of G-Cloud Services by the UK Government Procurement Service.
Baycloud Co-Founder and CTO Mike O’Neill said, “We are particularly delighted that our CookieQ cookie law compliance service will shortly be available to any public sector organisation via the G-Cloud. Public sector websites can now offer citizens a clear choice to opt-in or remain opted-out of non-essential cookies or other online tracking data.”
Online privacy has been the focus of much recent attention. Laws have been introduced across Europe reflecting popular concerns about online tracking of citizens for behavioural advertising and other purposes. In the UK this is covered by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, sometimes called the Cookie Law.
CookieQ works with any web server platform on any type of website from small business sites to very large e-commerce sites. It has been designed to enable web site operators to fully comply with the Cookie Law, while keeping the visitor experience as seamless as possible.
Very easy to install and deploy, the product offers a customer configurable, fully scalable and technically advanced range of features. CookieQ was released in May 2011, has been significantly enhanced since then and is now in use on many websites across Europe.
To install CookieQ on a website just copy and paste a small piece of script to a web page. Because the cookie management is client based, and the complex database access application is hosted by Baycloud Systems, there is no need for changes to server code which inevitably requires further software development and much time spent regression testing.
- Removes 1st party cookies by default if visitors have not opted in, displaying a panel where they can opt-in and remembers their choices on subsequent visits so that they do not need to be asked again.
- Optionally displays a reminder banner when visitors have not opted-in, but gives them the opportunity to remove it.
- Provides independent proof of consent if needed.
- Allows analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistical information about visitors even if cookies are removed. 100% of visitors can be counted with an optional “unique visitors” indication.
- Provides a single page for visitors where their cookie consent choices at any website can be reviewed and changed.
- Intercepts 3rd party content to ensure consent for 3rd party cookies. Videos and social networking share buttons etc. can be deployed without needing contractual safeguards from other content providers.
Baycloud Systems does not place advertisements or derive revenue from behavioural advertising. CookieQ is available to web publishers at a low-cost annual subscription based either on the level of web site traffic or the number of opted-in visitors