By ensuring that the most up-to-date information stays at clinicians’ fingertips throughout all stages of the care delivery process, healthcare organizations are increasing patient safety and the overall quality of the care they are equipped to provide.
Austin, TX and Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) February 20, 2012
Motion Booth #4230
From clinical documentation and patient education to computerized physician order entry (CPOE) as well as electronic medication administration record (eMAR) and electronic medical record (EMR) management, tablets provide healthcare providers with real-time access to data as well as the ability to gather, analyze and transmit critical patient information at the point of care.
Tweet this: @MotionComputing mobilizes #healthcare w/ #tablets for point of care #mobilecomputing http://bit.ly/i5SaXR #HIMSS12
As a leading global provider of tablet PCs and supporting mobility solutions, Motion Computing® is bringing its innovative, vertically-focused mobile computing solutions to the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition. With tablets in place, healthcare providers are gaining efficiencies, saving time and costs, increasing productivity and enhancing both clinician and patient satisfaction. Additional benefits include:
- Instant capture of patient information as well as access to schedules, CPOEs, eMARs and EMRs at the point of care or throughout the healthcare facility
- Insight into patient history, diagnosis and treatment
- Electronic identification of patients, medications and assets
- Enhanced productivity through consistent, reliable access to information
- Improved accuracy through point-of-care documentation processes
- Shortened turnaround times through improved team collaboration and faster decision making
“The real-time access to information and reduction of paper means a reduction in the potential for errors, which translates to less risk,” said Mike Stinson, vice president of marketing, Motion Computing. “By ensuring that the most up-to-date information stays at clinicians’ fingertips throughout all stages of the care delivery process, healthcare organizations are increasing patient safety and the overall quality of the care they are equipped to provide.”
Motion Tablet PCs: Purpose-built for Demanding Healthcare Environments
The Motion® CL900, F5v, C5v and J3500 Tablet PCs blend performance, durability and integrated features into highly mobile and lightweight designs. Key features include:
- Rugged designs: Drop tested, protected against dust and moisture and easily cleaned and disinfected with Corning® Gorilla® Glass and a solid state drives (SSD) for superior protection in harsh environments.
- Ergonomic designs for mobile productivity: Lightweight with capacitive dual-touch or multi-touch and high-resolution digitizer pen input for the speed and convenience of natural gesture navigation as well as the ability to capture signatures and navigate legacy programs with smaller targets that require the accuracy of high-resolution pen input.
- Powerful performance to support business-critical applications: Intel® processors and a Windows® operating system mean the power, compatibility, security and manageability that healthcare providers require.
- Integrated features to simplify and improve data collection: Digital camera, web camera, RFID reader, barcode scanner (BCS), magnetic strip reader (MSR), mobile broadband and more streamline documentation, tracking and management.
Finding Motion at HIMSS
Motion is exhibiting in booth #4230 and demoing the CL900, F5v, C5v and the J3500 Tablet PCs as well as its industry-first, integrated expansion solution for data acquisition and transaction processing, the CL900 SlateMate™ with Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR) and Barcode Scanner (BCS). Stop by the booth for product information, case studies, giveaways and more
Additionally, Mike Stinson will present a case study detailing the benefits of mobile computing for the healthcare industry.
Presentation: “Case Study: How Tablets Mobilize Healthcare with Real-time Access to Data at the Point of Care”
Speaker: Mike Stinson, Vice President of Marketing, Motion Computing
Date &Time: Thursday, February 23 at 12:30 p.m. PST
Location: Microsoft’s In-booth Theatre, Microsoft booth #1629
Motion Tablet PCs: http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/index.asp
About Motion Computing
Motion Computing is a leading global provider of tablet PCs and supporting mobility solutions, combining world-class products with services customized for the unique needs of mobile professionals across vertical markets, such as field service, retail and healthcare. The company’s enhanced line of rugged tablet PCs as well as mobile point of service solutions and accessories are designed to increase mobile productivity while providing portability, security, power and versatility. For more information visit http://www.motioncomputing.com.
Motion Computing and Motion are registered trademarks of Motion Computing, Inc., in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
# # #