Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) February 22, 2012
Abaqus, Inc., the leading developer of cross-carrier, cloud-hosted location-based platforms that enable high quality, low cost mobile workforce and asset management solutions, today announced it is rolling out the new “myGeoText©” location enhanced SMS feature that will allow organizations with employees in the field to generate real-time location-enhanced status reports using standard cellphones.
The myGeoText feature (patent pending) leverages Abaqus’ myGeoTracking© location service platform to enable a standard cellphone user to trigger a location event using a special SMS code command in combination with a job status or work event message to their company or field force manager. This allows an organization to gather location-tagged status information from their field force for job status verification, mobile time-clocking and billing, improve job dispatches and to verify work events like a package pick up or delivery.
“Customer response is essential to our business,” said Charlie Quickert, President of Sure Fire Protection. “When a client has an emergency or an issue, we need to respond as quickly as possible. Since we’ve started using the myGeoTracking service we’ve been able to improve our customer response time by pinpointing 100% of our manpower on a map at a glimpse. This allows us to delegate the closest and more importantly, the right person, to fit each specific situation. The time saved in this process is saving us money. Not only can I see where our team is on a map, the new myGeoText feature gives me desktop dispatch ability – I can send text messages from my desktop and get a quick location-tagged job status reports back from my technicians. Thank you Abaqus, this is a great addition to my vehicle tracking system!”
A myGeoText message can also trigger rules events to initiate or end auto-tracking sessions, send alerts to managers, improve job dispatches and initiate / end USPS compliant trip sessions.
“Abaqus is dedicated to helping companies with mobile workers and assets maximize their productivity, reduce costs and boost revenues,” said Shailendra Jain, CEO of Abaqus. “With the addition of myGeoText, the myGeoTracking platform is able to support a broad spectrum of companies, from field services firms to 3PLs and trucking firms, and much more.”
The Abaq.us myGeoTracking platform enables mobile asset & personnel management through a unique cloud-based technology which works on the web and across most mobile phones.
- The myGeoTracking platform can interact with any standard feature phone* to send location and event information and complies with USPS location reporting standards.
- myGeoTracking provides Geo-fencing, a rules engine and a variety of reporting tools to enable businesses to integrate custom location-events & alerts into their day-to-day operations
- The myGeoTracking myGeoText feature lets your mobile workers actively send you a date, time and GPS location stamped status message.
- The service also provides mobile management applications for iPhone and Android devices which lets managers continue to manage their assets and field resources when they are away from their office.
- Visit http://www.mygeotracking.com for more information and to sign up for a free trial.
Abaq.us, Inc is based in Palo Alto, CA and delivers a cloud-hosted machine-to-machine platform and a suite of mobile applications and services that make it possible for companies to weave sensor awareness from telematics, mobile phones and other devices into their enterprise web and mobile solutions to improve their assets’ and resources’ productivity and ROI. Abaq.us also provides custom implementations on a wide array of platforms tailored to match your company’s needs. Visit http://www.abaq.us for more information.
- myGeoTracking service is currently supported only on full paid subscription phones on AT&T, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. No special phone or software load is required.