In 25 years I've never lost my love for the law and it’s power to protect the people of Howard County and change people’s lives for the better.
Columbia, Maryland (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
Clarke Ahlers announced today criteria for what it takes to be an outstanding Howard County Circuit Court Judge. Mr. Ahlers is a candidate for Howard County Circuit Court Judge, and wants to let the community know how to evaluate the candidates.
“The primary is election is April 3, 2012 and people are going to be asked to vote for a judge,” said Ahlers. “There is no elected official who can have more impact on you personally than a judge. But, historically voters have a hard time voting for judges because most people aren’t sure what the issues are and what makes a good Judge.”
“To be safe and avoid making a wrong choice – they don’t vote,” Ahlers added. “I don’t want people to make that mistake. Judges on the Circuit Court are elected for 15 years in Maryland so your vote really counts.”
Ahlers has practiced law in Howard County for over 25 years. During that time he’s litigated and handled more cases in from of different Judges than both sitting judges according to the courthouse records.
Based on his experience as a police officer and a lawyer, here’s what he says is a checklist for a great Circuit Court Judge:
- A good judge has an open mind and never considers guilt or innocence before hearing the facts of a case.
- A good judge has life experience.
- A good judge listens to the facts of the case and applies the law.
- A good judge has knowledge of the law and knows what to do when confronted with gray areas.
- A good judge considers the impact of a ruling on the human beings in front of them as well as the community at large.
- A good judge reads the materials submitted then does research on his own.
- A good judge works hard even though there is very little oversight.
- A good judge feels that they serve the litigants who stand before them and not vice versa.
- A good judge never punishes attorneys or their clients for coming to the courtroom to resolve legitimate issues.
- A good judge never punishes litigants for making their workload more difficult.
“Countless times I’ve stood beside Howard County residents who were falsely accused and protected them when judges had made up their mind before the evidence was presented,” said Ahlers. “I also understand the value of protecting our community by being tough on crime. I’ve handled thousands of cases, many of them very serious and cases of notoriety. I have never forgotten what it was like being a police officer, and I have never lost my love for the law and it’s power to protect the County and change people’s lives.”
About Vote Clarke Ahlers For Howard County Judge
Need Bio here: Clarke Ahlers, the best candidate for Howard County Circuit Court Judge, has practiced law for the last 25 years and handled thousands of cases, many of them very serious and cases of notoriety. An AVVO rated attorney, Mr. Ahlers is running for Judge because he has the right mix of legal knowledge, life experience and administrative skills to preside of Howard County Circuit Court Cases. On April 3, vote Clarke Ahlers for Howard County Judge.