Kelvin brings his sound leadership skills coupled with a strong depth and breadth of Information Technology and information security strategies to the clients of SSAE 16 Professionals.
Orange, CA (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
SSAE 16 Professionals is proud to announce they have hired Kelvin Walker as a Director and Chicago Practice Leader in the firm. As a leading service provider that specializes in SSAE 16 readiness reviews, SSAE 16 Type I Reports, and SSAE 16 Type II Reports, clients are increasing choosing SSAE 16 Professionals for the personalized service and great value.
Kelvin is a results-oriented IT risk management, information security and technology professional with over 20 years of experience in leading teams in the delivery of strategy, technology, and information security projects for professional services firms. Key client segments include financial service companies, manufacturing/distribution companies and not for profit organizations. Kelvin has consulted and managed engagements with U.S. and international organizations with up to $25 billion dollars in revenue.
Kelvin holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Tennessee Technological University and will manage the Chicago office. He is an active alumni member of Alpha Kappa Psi (Zeta Upsilon Chapter).
“We are excited to bring Kelvin on-board,” says Tim Roncevich, Partner at SSAE 16 Professionals. “Kelvin brings his sound leadership skills coupled with a strong depth and breadth of Information Technology and information security strategies to the clients of SSAE 16 Professionals”.
SSAE 16 Readiness Reviews
SSAE 16 Readiness Reviews are consulting engagements that are designed to assist service organizations in assessing their preparedness for a SSAE 16 audit. SSAE 16 Professionals works collaboratively with management teams to perform a detailed readiness review and provide a gap matrix that identifies controls that would pass right away, controls that would partially fail, and controls that would fail and require remediation (in priority order with recommendations for remediation). Some firms go right into the SSAE 16 and realize there are issues which result in a qualified opinion. By that time, the service organization has spent a lot of time and money only to get a qualified report (which is useless to both the service organizations and its clients).
SSAE 16 Type I and Type II Reports
In addition to Readiness Reviews, SSAE 16 Professionals completes both Type I and Type II SSAE 16 Reports.
- SSAE 16 Type I Reports - A report on policies and procedures placed in operation as of a specified point in time. SSAE 16 Type I Reports evaluate the design effectiveness of a service provider’s controls and then confirms that these controls have been placed in operation as of a specific date.
- SSAE 16 Type II Reports - A report on policies and procedures placed in operation and tests of operating effectiveness for a period of time. SSAE 16 Type II Reports include the examination and confirmation steps involved in a Type I examination plus include an evaluation of the effectiveness of the controls for a period of at least six calendar months. Most user organizations require their service provider to undergo the Type II level examination for the greater level of assurance it provides.
- SSAE 16 Reports are beneficial because:
- Financial Audit Requirement by SEC - Auditors of your Clients will increase their scrutiny of the “system of internal control” during their audits of the financial statements (Sarbanes-Oxley) - which will result in more requests for your SSAE 16 report.
- Marketing and Competitive Advantage - SSAE 16 can be a key differentiator to prospective clients.
- One Time Audit - Avoids user auditors (auditors of your clients) continuously contacting service organization personnel for separate audits throughout the year. Rather, service organization clients request and rely on the SSAE 16 report.
About SSAE 16 Professionals
SSAE 16 Professionals is one of the nation’s leading firms specializing solely in SSAE 16 audits and readiness assessments. Each of our professionals has over 10 years of relevant experience at “Big 4” and other large international or regional accounting firms. Each professional is certified as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and/or MBA (Master of Business Administration). For more information, please visit http://www.SSAE16Professionals.com.
# # #