With iPads and iPhones flooding their networks, IT organizations must find a viable way to manage those devices. At the end of the day, IT would rather manage from a single console... And that’s what we’re doing with our MDM services.
Pleasanton, California (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced that it is delivering on its promised mobile device management (MDM) services. The company has rolled out security, asset and configuration management for Apple iOS-based devices, integrating them into its enterprise-wide, real-time IT strategy that unites mobile, desktop and service desk management under a single, unified user interface.
- Mobile security management protects data on lost or stolen devices
- IT organizations gain device information, configuration and reporting
- Visit ManageEngine at Mobile World Congress in booths 2.1A77 and 2.1A79
In response to the explosion of mobile devices on SMB and enterprise networks, ManageEngine has expanded Desktop Central management capabilities to go beyond desktop and laptop computers to now include the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. ManageEngine is demonstrating Desktop Central in booths 2.1A77 and 2.1A79 at Mobile World Congress, running today through March 1, at Fira Montjuïc in Barcelona.
“With iPads and iPhones flooding their networks, IT organizations must find a viable way to manage those devices,” said Raj Sabhlok, president of ManageEngine, a division of Zoho Corp. “But introducing a second, discrete set of tools and practices specifically to manage mobile assets, security and configuration issues is not the answer. At the end of the day, IT would rather manage from a single console, from traditional infrastructure and applications to next-generation mobile devices. And that’s what we’re doing with our MDM services.”
ManageEngine Tackles Mobile Device Management
Available now as part of its server and desktop management software, Desktop Central, the MDM feature set addresses iOS devices initially but will support other mobile device OSes going forward. To establish a complete audit trail, Desktop Central will log details of every MDM-related action performed, including date, time and initiating user. The details may then be viewed in the web console Action Log Viewer. Companies running both Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus can also extend help desk and asset management services to mobile devices.
The following MDM capabilities are available in Desktop Central:
Security management features protect data if a device is lost or stolen by enabling IT to:
- Lock devices
- Erase data on devices
- Erase corporate settings on devices, e.g., email, VPN, WiFi
- Reset passcodes on devices
Configuration management features let IT configure devices with required settings, such as:
- Enabling passcodes, setting either simple or alpha-numeric passwords
- Imposing restrictions, enabling or disabling features and applications
- Configuring email, setting up Gmail, Microsoft Exchange and other email accounts
- Enabling Exchange Active Sync, making any mail server like Microsoft Exchange to receive/send email
- Configuring mobile connectivity, including VPN and WiFi settings and connections
Asset management features provide complete information about the device, including:
- Certificates installed, including the details of all certificates installed
- Profiles installed, including every configuration installed on the device
- Restriction details, helping to identify what actions are and are not permitted
- Security information, including details on passcode compliance and status
- Apps inventory, including installed apps, versions and sizes
- Device information, including name, OS version, build, model, serial number, device capacity, available capacity, Bluetooth MAC, WiFi MAC, phone number and more
Asset management reports arm users with detailed views on their mobile device population, including:
- Apps by device
- Devices with or without specific apps
- Devices by model
- Devices by passcode type
- Devices by enrollment time
- Inactive devices
For more information on ManageEngine Desktop Central, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/desktop-central. For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
- ManageEngine and Mobile Device Management (MDM): http://www.manageengine.com/mdm
About ManageEngine Desktop Central
ManageEngine Desktop Central is complete desktop management software that provides software deployment, patch management, service pack installation, asset management, remote control, configurations, system tools, user logon reports and Active Directory reports. It is a network-neutral solution that can be used to manage desktops in Active Directory, Workgroups, or other directory services-based networks like Novell® eDirectory. It can manage computers in multiple domains and can also manage computers across WAN (branch offices). It comes in two flavors — one for an in-premise installation for Enterprises and the other for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to manage their clients’ desktops. For more information on ManageEngine Desktop Central, visit manageengine (dot) com/desktop-central/.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 55,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit manageengine (dot) com/; follow the company blog at blogs (dot) manageengine.com/, on Facebook at Facebook (dot) com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: ManageEngine, real-time IT, Zoho, Desktop Central, ServiceDesk Plus, mobile device management, Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, mobile, tablet, desktop management, service desk, help desk, integrated IT management, cloud monitoring, virtualization, cloud, IT management, business service management, application performance monitoring, user experience monitoring, network management, server management
ManageEngine (at) TECHMarket (dot) com
Ashish (at) ManageEngine (dot) com