New York, NY (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
Sematext International announces the release of version 1.2.1 of its popular Search AutoComplete solution - http://sematext.com/products/autocomplete/index.html .
Search plays an increasingly important role and organizations are continuously seeking ways to convert searchers to customers faster, to reduce bounces, and improve the overall search experience.
Sematext Search AutoComplete helps businesses of all sizes improve their search by making it easier for potential customers to go from a blank search box to finding. Sematext Search AutoComplete (aka auto-suggest or search-as-you-type) is an advanced, cost-effective, search backend agnostic auto-complete package. It works equally well with open-source search servers like Apache Solr or ElasticSearch as it does with commercial search solutions like Endeca, FAST, Attivio, Google Search Appliance, etc.
Sematext AutoComplete has been used in production and with great success by a number of Sematext clients across a number of industries.
Benefits of Sematext Search AutoComplete include:
- Match suggestions despite misspelled queries
- Group suggestions by type, control their order, and return a different number of suggestions for each type
- Automatically recognize different types of suggestions and push them up in the suggestion list
- Sort matching suggestions by additional criteria, such as suggestion popularity or geographical distance from the user when suggestions have latitude and longitude info
- Completely customizable look and feel via CSS and HTML
- Include in-line targeted ads that match partially entered queries
- Reduce time needed to go from blank search box to results
- Increased “findability” and thus user conversion rates
- Lower cognitive effort by offering viable query suggestions
- Low memory and CPU footprint even when loading and matching millions of suggestions at high rates on modest hardware
“Nearly every client engagement we see, and by now we have seen well over 100 of them, could benefit from our AutoComplete solution. Having a tool like Sematext AutoComplete makes any search application more effective and its users more satisfied,” said Otis Gospodnetić, a member of Solr and Lucene projects and Sematext founder. “We have been making improvements to our AutoComplete solution based 100% on what we have seen in the field and based on our clients’ requirements and suggestions.”
For more information about Sematext AutoComplete visit http://sematext.com/products/autocomplete/index.html .
Sematext’s Consulting and Tech Support customers are eligible for a 20% discount:
Sematext provides search and data analytics products, consulting, development, and tech support services to organizations world-wide. For its search and analytics products and services it utilizes Apache Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, Nutch, Mahout, Hadoop MapReduce, HBase, Voldemort, and other open-source technologies. Sematext has presence in North America and Europe with customers on all continents other than Africa. Founded in 2007 by Otis Gospodnetić, Sematext was the first commercial entity to specialize in providing services around Lucene and Solr. Learn more about the company at http://sematext.com/ .