“Because the Secure Mail module is installed in the customer’s network, IT administrators keep local control over the Secure Mail settings, packages and audit trails." Bob Luebbe, Chief Architect at Linoma Software
Omaha, NE (PRWEB) February 29, 2012
Transferring data securely has always been a challenge, especially for employees who need to send sensitive or large files on an ad-hoc basis to trading partners, vendors, remote employees or others. That's why Linoma Software is introducing a new tool at this week's RSA Conference 2012 in San Francisco.
“Data security is so important,” says Linoma Software Chief Architect Bob Luebbe, “and unfortunately, those daily ad-hoc transfers are one of the areas that are most vulnerable to data breach.”
The GoAnywhere Services™ new Secure Mail module solves this challenge by providing a secure alternative to traditional email with attachments.
“We’re looking forward to introducing it both to our customers and to those looking for a better ad-hoc file transfer solution, so we encourage people to stop by Booth #239 to check it out!” Luebbe said.
GoAnywhere Services, one of the products within Linoma Software’s GoAnywhere™ managed file transfer suite, is a secure FTP server that runs across multiple platforms and provides a secure portal for trading partners to deposit and retrieve files. It supports popular protocols like FTP/S, SFTP, SCP, HTTPS and AS2.
The newly added Secure Mail module shares some of the same features as traditional email: one email can deliver multiple files and can be sent to one or more recipients. However, unlike standard email that is not secure, GoAnywhere Services’ Secure Mail module ensures sensitive data is protected by generating a unique link that is sent instead of attached files, and the link directs recipients to download the package, regardless of file sizes or types, through a secure HTTPS connection.
“With the Secure Mail module, authorized users can easily and securely send files whenever they need to without relying on a variety of FTP tools and without having to worry that the package will be too big to send,” Luebbe says. “Best of all, their IT department will now have the oversight and audit logs they need to keep their file transfers in compliance with regulations and privacy laws.”
Luebbe says he’s excited about the all of the features included in the new module, including these:
- A unique URL link is randomly generated for each recipient using a universally unique identifier (UUID) in the email.
- System-generated or user-specified passwords can also be added for additional security without recipients needing to worry about keys or certificates.
- Package expiration dates and maximum download limits can be set by the sender.
- Senders can choose to receive notifications when packages are read.
- Organizations can use customizable templates to tailor emails with their company logo, colors, fonts, etc.
- Audit trails are kept of all package activity (e.g. when sent, when opened, when downloaded, etc.)
“Because GoAnywhere Services’ Secure Mail module is installed in the customer’s network,” Luebbe explains, ”IT administrators keep local control over the Secure Mail settings, packages and audit trails. Data files are never hosted by a third party, and will remain on the internal system to be downloaded by the authorized recipients.”
In addition to the Secure Mail module, several other new features for GoAnywhere Services 2.60 include these enhancements:
- Self-Registration – Employees can now register themselves in GoAnywhere Services. Their user accounts can be authenticated against a database, Active Directory (AD), LDAP or IBM i system within the organization’s network, eliminating the need for an administrator to set up accounts.
- Auto-Blacklist – IP addresses can be automatically blocked from brute-force or denial-of-service (Dos) attacks. Administrators can customize the algorithms for determining when to block IPs.
- Password notifications – Individuals can receive email notifications when their passwords are about to expire that include a link to perform the password change.
“These are features our customers have requested,” Luebbe says, “and our ongoing commitment to research and development allows us to continue to enhance our products to meet our customers’ needs.”
About Linoma Software
Founded in 1994, Linoma Software provides innovative technologies for managed file transfer and data encryption solutions. Linoma Software has a diverse install base of more than 3,000 customers around the world including Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations and government entities.
About GoAnywhere™ Managed File Transfer Suite
GoAnywhere™ is a managed file transfer and secure FTP solution that will streamline and automate file transfers with your trading partners, customers, employees and internal servers. Enterprise level controls and detailed audit logs are provided for meeting strict security policies and compliance requirements including PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, GLBA and state privacy laws.
GoAnywhere can be installed on most platforms including Windows®, Linux®, IBM® i (iSeries®), UNIX®, AIX® , and Solaris®, and supports popular protocols including FTP/S, SFTP, HTTPS, SCP and AS2.
Visit http://www.GoAnywhereMFT.com for more information and to download a free trial.
For additional product information, contact Brian Pick at Linoma Software at 800.949.4596, or email bjpick(at)linomasoftware(dot)com.