We received the tickets and had a terrific time at the Winter Games! Great Atlantic Travel and its staff provided us with fabulous customer service! Thanks for looking out for us! - Sarah H. - Ellenwood, GA
Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) February 29, 2012
While Great Atlantic Travel & Tour celebrates 30 years of service to the traveling public, the historic city of London is preparing to host two of the biggest sporting events in the world, the Summer Games and Paralympics Games. Sixteen million spectators are expected to visit London and watch 15,000 of the world's elite athletes compete for gold.
G4S Secure Solutions is the official Security Services Provider for the London 2012 Summer Games. They will be responsible for staffing many of the security positions for the Summer Games. Security is expected to be tight and there will be many restrictions on what you can and cannot bring into the venues. You should always determine the restrictions before leaving your hotel with items that won’t be allowed in the event you are attending. Items taken at security checkpoints will not be returned and may get you in trouble.
You should also determine the restrictions of your chosen method of travel. You may be surprised as to what is not allowed on airplanes, buses, taxis, ferries, etc. You should spend some time checking into this before you leave home. There’s nothing more frustrating than to miss a flight while spending an hour or so explaining why you tried to take pepper spray or your favorite pocket knife through security.
Use the following tips to help keep you and your group safe:
- Know where you are going and how you will get there before you leave your hotel
- When possible, don’t travel alone
- Keep enough cash on hand in case you need to hail a taxi
- Don’t display your cash or valuables, have your tickets, cash and passes ready when needed
- Use caution and don’t run when boarding and exiting subways, trains, and buses
- Have a cell phone with service in London
- Don’t use earphones while moving around traffic, buses and trains
- Don’t touch and report any unattended bags to security personnel or staff
- Always be aware of your surroundings and don’t venture into unfamiliar areas, especially after dark
- Always wait for buses and taxis is well-lit areas
Sports travelers interested in learning more about travel options to experience the 2012 Summer Games in London, England, should call Great Atlantic Travel at 1-800-888-8233 or visit their website at http://www.GreatAtlanticTravel.com.
# # #