Minnetonka, MN (PRWEB) March 01, 2012
The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (http://www.napcp.org) is offering three workshops April 16, 2012, at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia, to fulfill the varying levels of educational need in the industry: How P-Cards Add Value to Your Organization (half-day), Comprehensive P-Card Program Management (full-day), and How to Use Microsoft Excel® Pivot Tables for Auditing and Data Analysis (half-day).
Solutions providers and end-users (Purchasing Card program managers/administrators, treasury professionals, accounts payable and procurement managers and more) are welcome to attend (online registration and fee payment at http://www.napcp.org/events).
Professionals with responsibilities related to purchase-to-pay (P2P) processes, including P-Card, should register for the half-day workshop, How P-Cards Add Value to Your Organization, to build a solid knowledge base. Key takeaways include:
- learning how to “speak the language,” and spend less time looking up definitions and more time on program improvements
- addressing internal P-Card resisters and increasing program buy-in
- identifying the best P-Card targets for an organization
- considering whether other Commercial Card options, such as electronic payables, could benefit an organization
- engaging management in a discussion about improving P2P strategies
The workshop will address the following and more:
- how/where P-Cards fit into a payment strategy, the benefits and ideal P-Card P2P process
- emergence of payables solutions and how they co-exist with P-Cards to optimize efficiencies and cost savings
- the “supplier side” of the equation—such as the fees related to card acceptance, as well as the benefits
For P-Card program administrators and managers, the full-day workshop, P-Card Program Management, presents comprehensive “how-tos” for a successful program:
- Conduct a risk analysis to get the true picture, then determine the right level of P-Card controls to maximize use and eliminate misuse
- Learn optimal auditing practices and understand why 100% is not a perfect approach
- Learn key performance indicators and how to track progress against goals
- Appropriate staffing to cover key roles and responsibilities
- Commercial Card options and how each can enhance a payments strategy, complementing the P-Card program
A second half-day workshop, How to Use Microsoft Excel® Pivot Tables for Auditing and Data Analysis, is intended to build skills for individuals who play a role in auditing P-Card transactions. Pivot tables are a cost-effective way to add automation to a program, reducing reliance on manual efforts and time spent on auditing.
Many more details are available on the NAPCP event website: http://www.napcp.org/workshops
The three workshops precede the NAPCP 13th Annual Commercial Card and Payment Conference, scheduled for April 16-19, 2012, at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia. Complete details, including online program, registration and hotel reservations are available at http://www.napcp.org/2012.
About the National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP)
The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP) is a membership-based professional association committed to advancing Commercial Card and payment professionals and industry practices worldwide. The NAPCP is a respected voice in the industry, serving as an impartial resource for members at all experience levels in the public and private sectors. The NAPCP provides unmatched opportunities for continuing education and peer networking through its Annual Conference, Regional Forums, webinars, website, newsletters and weekly communication. The association sponsors research and publishes timely and relevant white papers, survey results and other documents. The NAPCP certifies professionals through the Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential program (http://www.napcp.org/cpcp). Please visit http://www.napcp.org to learn more about Commercial Card and payment programs in general, the value of membership, current member demographics, upcoming events and benefits of becoming a year-round partner sponsor.
Microsoft Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.