The maturity and responsibility teachers demonstrate in the classroom carries over to their time behind the wheel. Teachers.com Insurance is designed to meet the needs and expectations of the educational community.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
Unitrin Direct, a direct-to-consumer auto insurance provider, announced today that it has launched Teachers.com Insurance®, a new brand of auto insurance designed with educators in mind. Teachers.com rewards educators for their responsible driving habits with low-cost plans combined with superior customer service.
“The maturity and responsibility teachers demonstrate in the classroom carries over to their time behind the wheel,” said Elio Mariani, vice president of product management at Unitrin Direct. “Teachers.com Insurance is designed to meet the needs and expectations of the educational community. We have put educators in a class of their own.”
The launch of Teachers.com Insurance is part of Unitrin Direct’s strategy to cut through the clutter of a crowded property and casualty insurance market by serving select populations in a more specialized and relevant way. In addition, Unitrin Direct already insures thousands of teacher policyholders through Teachers’ Insurance Plan of America™, which was created in 1992.
Teachers.com is for educators who are comfortable with technology and prefer the convenience of buying insurance through direct channels, either via the teachers.com website or by phone. The redesigned teachers.com website provides a simple, 24/7, customer-friendly interface for accessing policies, paying bills, requesting quotes, filing claims and contacting a customer service representative.
As an added benefit for its educator customers, the Teachers.com website also features a Teachers Resource Center with educator-related websites organized by subject matter for quick reference. Policyholders also receive the Teachers.com’s ChalkTalk™ newsletter, with helpful news and insights from teaching tips to car safety issues.
Teachers.com policies are available to active and retired employees of public school districts, private schools, colleges and universities or educational service agencies, as long as one of the listed drivers on the policy qualifies as an education professional. In California, policyholders must be members of a teachers’ union, organization or association to qualify for the Teachers’ Discount.
Teachers.com is currently available in 20 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
In addition to auto coverage, Teachers.com offers renters, home and condo insurance to individual policyholders, or group buying as a benefit program for school districts, universities and more. Premiums can even be payroll deducted.
Teachers.com Insurance can save its policyholders hundreds of dollars a year on their car insurance premiums. Auto insurance discounts include:
- Teachers’ Discount – typically a savings of 10 percent off premiums
- Teachers’ Tenure – Renewal guarantee free to all Teachers.com Insurance customers
- Teachers’ Network™ Discount – When referring a friend or fellow educator to Teachers.com and the friend purchases a policy and signs the Safety Pledge, both customers get 10 percent discounts on their policies
- Preferred Payer Discount™ – the more customers pay up front, the more they save (with the greatest savings by those paying in full)
- Free-A-Tree® Discount – a 5 percent discount for drivers who get quotes and sign up online and enroll in the Easy-Pay automatic payment service
- Retro Loyalty Discount™ – Teachers.com rewards customers for their loyalty to their previous insurance carrier based on the length of their relationship
- Safe & Sound® Discount – additional discount for continuously insured drivers without accidents or moving violations for at least three years
- Happily Married Discount™ – married couples qualify for a discount, as do legally recognized civil unions and domestic partnerships
- Additional discounts are available for vehicles with airbags, passive restraint equipment and anti-theft devices, or for mature drivers (over age 55) who have recently completed a state-approved accident prevention course. Multi-car, multi-discount, continuous coverage and payroll deduction discounts are also available.
Teachers.com also bundles popular coverage options into convenient and affordable packages:
- Protect Your Sanity® – includes Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Reimbursement and Trip Interruption protection
- Protect Your Wallet® – includes Accident Forgiveness and Disappearing Deductible (which allows customers to take $100 off their collision deductible right away and another $100 for each year they go without an accident)
- Protect Your Family – includes Car Seat Replacement, Dependent and Pet Protection
To learn more visit Teachers.com or call 800.4-TEACHERS (800.483.2243). Teachers.com can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/TeachersInsurance and on Twitter at @teachers_insure.
Teachers.com Insurance is part of Unitrin Direct, which is owned by Kemper Corporation (NYSE: KMPR). Kemper acquired the teachers.com domain and Teachers’ Insurance Plan of America™ as a part of its acquisition of Direct Response Corporation in 2009 and the launch of teachers.com is the culmination of planning that began after that acquisition.
Kemper is a diversified holding company with subsidiaries that principally provide life, health, auto, homeowners and other insurance products to the individual and small business markets. Kemper serves its customers through a network of independent agents, brokers and career agents as well as directly to consumers via direct mail, web, employer-sponsored employee benefit programs and other affinity relationships.