Miami, FL (PRWEB) March 02, 2012
It takes six weeks to form a habit. Starting a workout schedule or fitness regimen isn’t that hard, but sticking to it is. After weeks, maybe months, of enthusiasm and optimism, the commitment wanes. Life oftentimes gets in the way and excuses become the norm; fitness gets put off “until tomorrow.” The problem is that once one starts putting fitness goals on the back burner, it becomes harder to move it to the front burner.
Lady of America wants to help women excuse-proof their workout schedule. Doing so will help with sticking to goals and help women become fit and healthy. “Mix it up,” said Natalie Brabner, Lady of America’s official fitness trainer. “Do a variety of enjoyable activities. Women’s fitness clubs like Lady of America offer a number of classes in a friendly and high-energy environment. Try yoga, spinning, kickboxing, pilates and step. The goal is to experiment and have fun.
“Now that the weather is getting better, some women may want to take exercise outdoors. Try walking, running, tennis, hiking, softball. These are all great workouts for women.”
Lady of America also suggests the following tips to help women make their workout schedule a habit.
- Get an exercise buddy. Committing to another person provides a push to keep the exercise appointment. After all, someone else is dependent on motivation and support. An exercise buddy can be a personal trainer, friend, coworker, gym buddy.
- Put oneself first. Women tend to put everyone and everything first and let themselves fall somewhere on the bottom of the priority list. It’s time to make oneself #1 by making “me time.” If one doesn't make oneself a priority, who else will?
- Make exercise a priority. Just like putting oneself at the top of the list, exercise needs to up there, too. Make it non-negotiable with everyone — family, friends, work and oneself. Even if tired or stressed, exercise is a must. It’s one's time to do something good for oneself — take advantage of it.
- Make it a game and set mini goals. “When goals are reached, reward oneself. Consider purchasing new workout outfits, getting a facial, or buying tickets to a concert. Make the reward anything except food related,” suggested Brabner.
- Recognize the benefits. Exercise gives one more energy. Clothes will begin to fit differently. The number on the scale will start to go down and the risk of certain illnesses, like cancer, heart-related and more.
About LOA Franchise Holding LLC
For more than 27 years, LOA Franchise Holding LLC (formerly Lady of America Franchise Corporation) has been an innovator in the constantly evolving business of women’s fitness clubs. LOAFC was established in 1984 with the goal of providing a safe and rewarding environment to women working on their fitness and lifestyle goals while enjoying the company and support of other women. Today the full-service chain of women’s fitness clubs has 95 franchises in operation across 45 states and nine countries under the brands LOA Fitness for Women, Lady of America, Ladies Workout Express, Workout Express and HCOA Fitness.