Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 01, 2012
The National Quality Forum (NQF) today is releasing the Community Tool to Align Measurement, a new tool that provides insight to those interested in starting or expanding measurement and reporting efforts in ways that align with others and key national programs. The Community Tool to Align Measurement will be featured on a March 7 webinar (http://bit.ly/ww6ZaE).
The Alignment Tool was developed with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and in collaboration with the 16 communities participating in RWJF’s Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) program (http://bit.ly/3GHyPa). The tool consists of 171 NQF-endorsed® measures in use by one or more alliance, mapped to the National Quality Strategy priorities and national programs that involve reporting requirements or payment incentives. The tool also includes the measurement and reporting experiences of three AF4Q communities and specific information about many of their measures in use. Measures within the tool are linked to the Quality Positioning System (QPS) (http://bit.ly/zSOWEz) – NQF’s online measure search tool – where more detailed information on each measure can be found.
What: Registration (http://bit.ly/ww6ZaE) is now available for the “Introduction to the Community Tool to Align Measurement” webinar. Hear from communities about their involvement with this work and learn how the Alignment Tool can inform measurement decisions at many levels.
When: Wednesday, March 7, 1:30 – 3pm ET
Who: Speakers will include:
- Anne Weiss, senior program officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Melissa Kennedy, director of operations, The Health Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati
- Lori Lambert, director of measurement and reporting, Oregon Health Care Quality Corporation
- Tom James, medical director, National Network Operations, Humana
The National Quality Forum (NQF) operates under a three-part mission to improve the quality of American healthcare by:
- building consensus on national priorities and goals for performance improvement and working in partnership to achieve them;
- endorsing national consensus standards for measuring and publicly reporting on performance; and
- promoting the attainment of national goals through education and outreach programs.
For more information about NQF, visit http://www.qualityforum.org.