Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of industry-leading newsletters Health Plan Week, Drug Benefit News, Medicare Advantage News, AIS’s Health Reform Week and Specialty Pharmacy News, is pleased to announce publication of AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2012, available in print and on CD. Now in its 9th edition, the directory contains every health plan and primary care preferred provider network operating in the U.S. as of year-end 2011.
Featuring 500 health plan records and more than 4,000 key executive contacts (in 17 job functions), the 2012 directory listings include: national and state-level enrollment data by company, national enrollment by type of product, company contact information, types of primary care offered, NCQA accreditation status and PBMs contracted. To see a list of fields in each section, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans.
AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2012 is designed to help health plans, health care consulting firms, equipment and supply vendors, pharmaceutical companies and PBMs, employers, banks and investment analysts, and health care associations:
- Discover which health plans offer certain types of plan models to identify where opportunities for market expansion lie.
- Discover which health plans are operating in which states.
- Gain insight into the increasing diversity of health plan models as benefit designs adapt to meet marketplace demands.
- Create targeted mailing lists and develop call lists to network and generate leads for prospective new partners and clients.
- Determine which PPO networks may best serve specific benefit design offerings.
- Develop benchmarks for determining the prevalence of certain types of plan models and create projections about which areas are likely to grow.
AIS’s Directory of Health Plans comes in two versions — a printed book, or a CD Database with a free copy of the print book. The CD version includes:
- All of the data in the book in multiple file formats (Excel, Access, CSV and ASCII), so users can easily create the specific kind of analysis they want.
- Key executives’ names as mailing lists in electronic files that are compatible with most sales force software.
- A PDF version of the book for fast keyword searching.
- Exclusive features not found in the printed book version, including specially developed workbooks and spreadsheets with thousands of additional data points, and data fields available only in the CD database.
To produce the Directory of Health Plans, AIS’s on-staff researchers personally interview or survey a knowledgeable person at each health plan — including subsidiaries and parent companies — to get a clear picture of product offerings, contracts and markets. The researchers work hard to ensure that each covered life is counted only once, and is categorized by plan models that are defined in a consistent and meaningful manner which reflect the current industry. By maintaining impeccable research standards and strict methodology through nine annual editions, AIS’s health plan data offers true year-over-year comparisons and extremely accurate and sensitive insight into developing trends.
For more information on AIS’s Health Plan Directory: 2012, go to http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.